Question Consignment sale shoppers: What's on your list to buy?

We have one coming up in mid-March and I'm trying to figure out what the kids will need for this spring and summer. Not sure how many shirts, shorts, dresses, etc. to get for DD (3.5) and DS (1.5).

What are you hoping to find?

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ourbabygirl View Post

What are you hoping to find?
    a quiet hour to go through all the boxes of summer clothes in the basement, so i can make a list of what he actually need

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Honestly, I go with an open mind. I try to take inventory of what we have and keep my eye out for anything that's a great buy and fill in any big areas of need.

Shoes are always at the top of my list.

For DD, sundresses are often great buys.

Remember to shop at least 1 to 2 sizes above their size as used clothing runs smaller due to shrinkage.

jennilynn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

The "big" items I'm hoping to find are a Pottery Barn Kids Anywhere Chair (we have a little one but would like a regular size) and outdoor toys. I always stock up on T-shirts and it's really nice to grab a couple of cheap swim suits/rash guards to have as spares. I scan the racks and usually find at least one or two Boden items so I grab those right away.
    Slightly crunchy mama to three awesome monkeys

catsnkid is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

bathing suits are great to have as spares. I hate buying new such an item and you don't see those used to frequently except consignment. Decent boots/slippers are great consighment things.
    DS 6/09

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

As far as clothes go, I try to have at least 4 dresses in each size, maybe 2 nicer ones for DD or 3 nice outfits for the boys. For play clothes, we aim for 10 sets of shirts/shorts or skorts. I sometimes do swimsuits, but they're often snagged on the bottom or discolored. Only EUC swimsuits come home with us if the sizing looks right.

Swim diapers, travel toys, high quality puzzles, games, toys, tag books, bible storybooks, build a bear accessories, duplo blocks, interesting dress up items, any big items we could give for the next b'day, holiday...