Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Reader poll: Favorite baby clothing brands? Sites?

Here we go again! We're updating our book for a new edition.

We want to hear about your favorite baby clothing brands. What fits well, stands up in the wash, etc.

And we'd also love to hear about your favorite clothing stores and web sites. Who has the best prices today? Best service? Post your thoughts below!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Denise and Alan Fields
    Authors, Baby Bargains

I love LE, LLBean, HA, and Gymboree clothes. DS is a hugely active outdoor guy, and these clothes can take a beating from him - say, digging up some of my gardens, LOL - and look brand new after a wash. The seams are tight, the zippers always work, and the fabric doesn't pill, fray, or tear easily.

I only shop online and by phone, and have received phenomenal customer service from all four merchants.
    -Ivy

Parenting two active, wonderful boys

This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. -Gary Lew

Where the Army sends us...today it's Washington

Love love love Carters-excellent quality and value for their (often) low prices...but I think buttoned up pajama were the worst invention since the thigh-master...who wants to waste time messing with buttons while a screaming baby demands food at 4am?
    -Lauren

DS 3/08
    DD 3/09

I love gymboree HA(outlet had good deals) and Naartjie. Carters are well made but I can't stand all the wording like "Daddy's princess" or "Sweet Butterfly".

More trendy: One of my *favorite* kinda new baby lines is "Small Paul" by Paul Frank. Oh the cute stuff!!!!! Lamb/Harajuku has awesome baby clothes too, a little pricey though.

From the mall: BABY GAP! Yes I was yelling I love the quality, fit and selection. The colors that they offer really "fit" my DD's personality - quirky and fun. I always tease that she should be a gap spokesbaby, lol.

I was just raving about their leggings in a recent post. Last years still look new this year (& still fit).

Also, their shirts don't pill or shrink away to nothing. DD's jackets have held up great as well. Their pricing on everyday wear is pretty fair to start & when I hit the sale rack, I always find great bargains.

I could be a baby fashion editor and be one of the happiest gal's on Earth Long as I could take home all the stuff
    Bodyboarding, music loving, clothing upcycler Mom to adult kid1, elementary kid2

Cam&Clay is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Gymboree for cuteness

Old Navy and Carters for value (especially their blanket sleepers and basics like onesies)

Baby Gap for quality

Susan
    DS1 age 10 years
    DS2 age 10 months

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

H&M has great stuff. It wears well and is very affordable. They make great underwear for little ones too. Sizing in the adult stuff varies a bit but seems pretty good for babies and kids.

Beth

Quote Originally Posted by Cam&Clay View Post
    Gymboree for cuteness

Old Navy and Carters for value (especially their blanket sleepers and basics like onesies)

Baby Gap for quality

Susan
    DS1 age 10 years
    DS2 age 10 months
    Ditto to all.

But just found out today that DD's "ringworm" 2 months ago was burn from Carter's tagless onseies/PJs (Thank you BBB poster! Hadn't heard about this AT ALL, warned all my friends with kiddos and found out coworker's DS had same issue) so a little sour on them today.
    HillaryB

Wife to DH (8/00)
    Mama to DD (10/07) and DS (4/12)

hez is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

For infant clothes, I like Carter's for the price/softness/decent quality. We have a Carter's outlet nearby, and I'm a big fan of getting things on sale there. My daughter's infant wardrobe is probably 50% Carter's (or the Target equivalent called Just One Year). I've continued to buy my oldest's pj's there.

I do like Baby Gap and Old Navy as well. I tend to buy them both on sale when I can. I like Gap particularly because there are options without cutesy sayings on them, the fabric is soft, and the pieces don't tend to shrink.

I have really liked the Janie & Jack items I've gotten on occasion, but can't usually justify the expense.

As they get a little older, I'm a huge Lands End fan. I realized one day that I sent my son to school in LE clothing from head to toe (shoes & jacket included). Not only was it LE, but it was all LE from the Overstocks page. I very, very rarely buy anything full price from LE, either. I bought him a few items when he was an infant/toddler, and they've made it through his use & that of a friend's son without much visible wear.

Last, I do like The Children's Place for winter coats/snow pants. My son's on his second year with a winter coat from TCP, and it's holding up well. His Osh Kosh coat from two years ago was very well made, also, but I prefer how the zip out lining is attached in the TCP coat.
    Heather
    Mommy to DS (9/03) and DD (5/08)

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

ALSO A GAP FAN HERE! Also yelling.

I just find the Gap to be very well-made clothing that really stands up to wash after wash after wash. As the parent of a boy, they don't stick you wtih nothing but red or blue, so that's good, too. Their winter coat is very warm and really adorable. You cannot beat their jammies for size, fit, comfort, and style. And most of the time, they're very reasonably priced. I'd say 80% of DS's clothing is from Baby Gap.

Their maternity line is the most practical, best quality, and most realistically styled maternity clothing on the planet. Period.

Their website is my favorite website of any other online retail store. They really set the bar on online shopping, and their customer service by phone is just as good. Plus, you can return online purchases to the STORE. Extremely convenient.

On the other hand, they're not perfect. Their socks don't stand up well, as they wear and get holes in them quicker than I'd like. Sometimes, their red clothing does run, so I always test red clothes in the washers with white rags of different fabrics to ensure it doesn't run before tossing them in with the rest of the laundry. I also think that while their junk food tees are positively adorable, $25 or $29 for a t-shirt is taking you for a ride. So, not a big fan of that.

There are alot of bargains to be had at the Gap. If you sign up for their credit card, you build up points and get a $10 coupon for every $200 you spend (It might be less), and you get special discount offers, as well. You also get 10% of all purchases on the first Tuesday of every month. It's the only store credit card I've found to be worth it.

So, yeah. The Gap.
    Last edited by Fairy; 11-14-2008 at 09:15 PM.
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast