Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    cono0507 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Hanna Andersson, although their prices have increased lately so I only buy during sales.

Love Baby Gap and Gymboree for quality. Also love Lands End and LL Bean - great quality and wonderful outerwear.

Carters - great for sleepers and basics during the first year. However, I agree with the PP and could do without all the wording with "Daddy's Princess", etc.

Old Navy - Love their jeans for toddler boys and the price - generally $10 or less. I've been less impressed with the quality of their infant things and with how thin some of their knits are.

boutique: kissy kissy, soft, adorable, simple. love it. runs small

mall: gap, soft, cute, not over the top baby-silly (like "little princess" stuff) mix and match, holds up well

bigger toddler/kid: gap because of above and they have PLAIN options. lands end- good quality,doesn't shrink or fade, also PLAIN and MINI BODEN applique tees are our FAVORITE.

ETA: janie and jack layette is the sweetest stuff ever, but is waaaaay too expensive.
    Liza has been hangin' around this board for six years.

My sons are 4 and 6. And they are very loud.

alirebco is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

For the 0-3 month stage, I loved the Carter's sleepers - their newborn stuff runs larger than most so we definitely got our money out of those! I also like how they send coupons through email and have tons of sales so you can get good deals. Their onesies are really good quality compared to others.

I liked Old Navy after the 3 month stage - they have cute clothes for a good price but a lot of the selection is picked through at the store. I found a lot more stuff online but be aware that the price can be different at the store and online. A lot of times you will see clothes online on sale but they are full price at the store. Online returns are easy enough at the store which is a big plus.

We also love Gap for quality items - nicer pants, overalls, pajamas, etc. They run a bit bigger in terms of sizing and again their selection can be limited in stores compared to online. I have gotten good deals through their sale section and with coupon codes from having a store card there.

Hanna Andersson is my new favorite for sleepers. They are really well made and organic cotton. They are expensive but the workmanship is amazing and they are generously sized with room to grow. They do have sales so you can get clothes at a pretty good price if you try hard enough. I also love how they come with washing and drying instructions when you purchase online to tell you how to make their clothes last the longest and keep the colors vibrant.

Another favorite for basics like solid colored tees is American Apparel. I love that they are made in the USA and they have a great rainbow of colors which can be hard to find in baby clothes. Some say they run small but my son is on the smaller side so the sizes have been right on for us.

Boden is a new favorite for us. Great quality and really cute and unique stuff. Love them!

I really like Zutano for our newest baby. They have bright colors and patterns and they have a preemie line. Their sizes run a bit small but we haven't found it to be much of an issue even with cloth diapers underneath.
    Last edited by alirebco; 04-27-2011 at 08:12 AM.
    A, mom to Ethan age 5.5 and L age 2

Melbel is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Boutique Brands - Baby Lulu (vibrant beautiful designs), Kissy Kissy (incredibly soft), Rose Cage (unique, fun embroidered items)
    Stasburg Children (special occasion or portraits)
    Ralph Lauren (quality and style; great online sales)
    Baby Gap (quality, cuteness and price when shopping sales)
    Gymboree (quality, cutness and price when shopping sales; sizing has been somewhat erratic)
    Janie and Jack (very cute but pricey)

I shop primarily online, but like that I can return items at Gap and Gymboree in the B&M store if necessary. For boutique brands, I shop at www.forgetmenotkids.com and www.trenditikes.com both of which have great customer service, prompt delivery and great sales.

amandabea is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I LOVE Tea Collection - the styles are adorable, the quality is amazing, the prices are steep, but they have good end-of-season sales and their clothes last wash after wash.

I LIKE Carters (best value IMO), Baby Style, and Baby Gap for cute play clothes that last. TCP and Old Navy are good values with their lower prices, but the quality is not as good. However, TCP pjs have been great.

I also like some things from Osh Kosh, Gymboree, HA (a bit pricey though), Pumpkin Patch and Circo (Target line). HA is especially good in that their clothes wear and wash well, but we don't buy much from them.

ETA: I like the Zutano styles, but the sizing is weird IMO and they don't hold up as well after multiple washings.

i wanted to add that while i know many folks here are fans, i have never bought anything at children's place without at least one item from my purchase falling apart. (did that make sense?) in other words... i have had a snap come off, a seam come open, stitching come undone and a great deal of shrinkage, as well. so while i get it that they have good prices and sometimes cute stuff, i just can't imagine how i can be doing something wrong in my very first washing that would make their stuff come apart so easily!
    Liza has been hangin' around this board for six years.

My sons are 4 and 6. And they are very loud.

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Brands I love: LL Bean, LandsEnd, Hanna Andersson (in that order). HA quality is somewhat inconsistent (I've had to return some defective outfits). LLB and LE have the best outerwear and I love their knit dresses. Overall, I give the gold start to LL Bean for the most consistent sizing, highest quality and cutest designs.

Other brands I like (but don't love): Gymboree (hit and miss -- I either love a particular collection or NOT). Please Mum (Canadian, OK quality, generally I don't like their colors). Please Mum's quality from when my DD#1 was little is much better than their current quality. I think they might have moved their production from Canada to China.

Deux Par Deux is a Canadian boutique line that is very cute. The sizing is wonky, though -- I wouldn't order it online for that reason. Rather "fussy" with lots of "do dads" and embroidery.

Brands I do NOT like:
    The Children's Place. For the love of ***, why bother? Every single thing I have ever purchased or received as a gift from there has fallen apart in 1 or 2 washes. Complete waste of money unless you purchase only at an outlet for less than $1 per item.

Joe Fresh -- another exclusively Canadian brand at Superstore (a stab at the Walmart George line). I don't particularly like the quality, cotton is not very soft and is thin. However, I will say that their pants are the only ones that fit my 4.5 yo properly right now. All other brands are either too short if they fit in the waist or FAR to long.

George by Walmart -- I don't like the sizing and the clothes fall apart. Definitely not hand-me-down clothing.

Huh. That was cathartic. Lets do one on shoes. Because I could rant for days on kids shoes, LOL.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

1964pandora is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

If we're just talking about babies and layette, then I'd say:

Hanna Andersson is my all-time favorite layette for daily use, by far. I buy all of the layette at the outlets, so it's not expensive at all. I don't think that ANYONE beats their onesies, wiggle pants and zippers, especially since it's all organic. I don't recommend much (that you can buy in a mall) after Hanna Andersson, but I think the following are OK.

Carter's is my number 2 for nothing thrilling, but soft and fairly well made. I hate when they put words on the onesies and make it look cheap.

Janie and Jack makes beautiful layette, but I can only imagine having a few outfits, not an entire layette because they're too expensive for me for an entire layette

Gap, but there are problems mentioned in previous posts.

I would not recommend Children's Place for quality.

Tea collection has gorgeous, rather limited layette, but it's too pricey for me even on sale.

I love Kissy Kissy, but it's a boutique brand and I couldn't afford a whole layette!

Susan
    Last edited by 1964pandora; 11-14-2008 at 10:23 AM.

For my big/VERY tall baby I have found that Old Navy works best since he grows so quickly. The quality varies depending on the garment. I've had great luck with their baby shorts holding up well. The onsies, well some are great & sturdy...some not so much. I've never had a problem with fading or bleeding.

Carters is another fave, though ONLY at outlets/on clearance. They tend to run a little bigger around (which doesn't help up...we need length!) but they do last a long time.

Circo is good for cheap onsies - they tend to fade some, but they are cheap and easy.

For overalls I LOVE Oshkosh - and I have found them on sale at Target for pretty reasonable. Their denim lasts a long time, washes great, and tends to be a little longer.

The only "boutique" stuff I have used (so far) was from Kelly's Kids as a gift. WOW they are $$$$$$$$$$$, but very cute and "classic". The things I got were only worn 2 times, but /i will hang onto them as their are "heirloom" quality. I couldn't buy this stuff regularly, but as a single mom I can't afford much!

************************************************** ************************************************** **************

Ok - DS is now 14 months old...

He's VERY long. He can wear a 2T top and 18 month bottom!

I've found that Old Navy doesn't fit him very long, except for shorts...but now that he's mobile they don't last very long.

TCP - eh, they are ok. Quality sucks

Gymboree - nice stuff but I absolutely hate walking into that store!!!! I ONLY order online!

HA - still trying to figure out sizing, but the very few things I've gotten NWT off ebay have been super nice quality and last a LONG time!

My ultimate fave... MINI BODEN!!!! Their clothing runs big and long...the quality is awesome! Almost all their bottoms have REAL drawstrings (not fake, they actually do the job of a drawstring which is a lifesaver for a thin waisted kiddo). The drawback is the price. I buy on ebay a lot. I buy on sale...but you have to be quick because they run out of sizes very quickly!

But I'd rather have 3-4 shirts and 3-4 pants/shorts that were mini boden and washed frequently, then a bunch of crap from other places!
    Last edited by tnrnchick74; 08-03-2009 at 08:50 PM.

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

For sleepers and every day outfits, CARTER'S, CARTER'S and more CARTER'S. Their regular stores always seem to have sales and are significantly cheaper than Carter's prices in dept. stores. Even better if you have a Carter's outlet nearby! My toddler's baby wardrobe was 90% Carter's and it held up extremely well. We are now planning on using everything for #2. Besides Carter's, we also loved Baby Gap for more stylish wear and splurged on Polo/Ralph Lauren items when we wanted something special (coats, buntings, cute bathing trunks, Xmas outfits etc). Their website has sales often and we also found great deals in their outlets! Nothing from Waltmart or Target please. The quality is just not that nice. Ditto for Old Navy baby and toddler sleepwear. While I like their toddler everyday clothes, the fabric and zippers on their sleepwear feel cheap. My son still complains when we do use some of the Old Navy pjs he gets as gifts - they are just not even remotely as nice as the Carter's ones.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast