Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    MCsMom is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Faves

Carter's - White onesies with long and short sleeves. DD sleeps in these inside fleece blanket sleepers right now. Great to mix and match. Wish they had brighter solid colors. I can't deal with too many of the cute sayings but overall they have pretty good quality and the sizing works for me.
    Old Navy - For style. I like the clothes, just wish the quality was a tiny bit better. That being said, I still like their stuff a lot and the prices can't be beat. I got a lot of socks there as well (triple fold).
    Baby Gap - Cute stuff in both the regular stores and outlets and comfy!
    Gymboree - Hit or miss, the quality is good but the styles do not consistently appeal to me.
    Zutano - scored a lot during a boutique closing. Weird sizing but so soft!
    Janie and Jack - LOVE but too expensive. Clearance!
    Hartstrings - I get these at the Nordstrom outlet by me or Buy Buy Baby cleareance. Too expensive otherwise.
    Daily Tea - Like Harstrings except only at BBB.
    *At BBB, I just got "unionsuits" by Baby's Own, really a footless sleeper. LOVE THEM. The sizing runs small, I went by weight. Bought 4, will be going back for more.
    Last edited by MCsMom; 04-05-2009 at 01:08 AM.

PJs- I like the Carter's ones- Just One Year at Target and Child of Mine at Walmart.

Playclothes- I like Granimals (Walmart), Genuine Baby (Oshkosh at Target), Carters, Old Navy.

Cute Clothes- Baby Gap and Gymboree, with an eagle eye on the sale racks.
    Becky
    Delighted Mommy to the little Jackpot 7/08, sweet baby K 5/11 and baby 3 due Christmas 2012.

Default Socks that actually stay on

The BEST baby socks that I have found to stay on my baby's busy feet are Circo brand socks from Target. We tried lots of different brands before receiving this recommendation from a friend. They really do stay on! And they're a bargain to boot!

Default my favorites

Carter's for up to 12mo. My girl had everything Carter's it seemed. It held up great in the wash and was true to size!

She's going on 2 now and I love Children's Place PJs - she's got a long torso and these fit great! Plus they really stand up - I got hand me downs that looked almost new! (the footy pjs)

I love target, kohls & old navy. I can't justify buying Gymboree for a 2 year old, even at the outlet store! Kohl's brand tops run a little small but they've got cute clothes!

I was just pulling out Ds's fall wardrobe, and he is STILL in 2T (for the second year in a row). The brand that held up the best and the one that I can still stand to look at is Boden. Hands down my favorite clothes for boys. I have just decided that I would rather have 3 boden outfits for a season than 10 or 15 from another brand.

For DD, the clothes that I am still going to cram her into are her Hannas. The girl clothes are gorgeous.

Hedgehog is gone

I love Pumpkin Patch for both, but only once in a blue moon find an outfit I love...I'm tired of Gymboree. I'm getting tired of Naartjie.

Favorites:
    Gymboree - good pricing if you can work the gymbucks, sales & coupons
    Mini Boden - wonderful styles & quality
    Janie & Jack - perfect for holiday & picture outfits
    Hanna - playdresses rock!
    Lands End - outerwear is awesome and the pants can stand up to a hard playing 5 yr old, never had a stain I couldn't get out on a LE piece of clothing
    LL Bean - basics & swimsuits
    Corky's Kids - fabulous coats & quality clothing too
    Tea Collection
    I love some of the "boutiquey" brands as well - mulberibush, charlie rocket, kissy kisssy, rabbit moon
    I have found the quality of Baby Gap has gone downhill a bit in the last two years.

I have almost given up buying clothing from Children's Place, Carters, Old Navy or Target, unless I know the outfit won't be worn more than once or twice (like a holiday t shirt or something). The clothes just don't last & look bad after a few washes. And stains just don't seem to come out as well. Love the pricing but would rather buy an $9 dollar gymboree top on sale than a $4 top that looks crappy & you can't hand down. Although there are exceptions - I like the Children's Place socks, Old Navy jeans & socks and Carters PJs & baby stuff.
    Kohl's clothing seems to hold up better than average for the price, but need to buy super big b/c everything shrinks.

I agree with the PP that Gerber brand is worthless.
    The best toddler & preschool boots ever are by Ecco, lightweight enough to run in but they have thinsulate for playing around outside.
    DS Sept 2004
    DD Feb 2008

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I like:

Lands End, nice all around play clothes, great sweaters
    Hanna Andersson, but very limited can't have more than 2 striped play dress sets, their underwear is great and wish it wasn't soo expensive. Don't care much for their tees though. Leggings are nice. Don't care that almost all of the little girls outwear for 2009 has to have some pink in at and isn't solid colored. Long Johns are nice too but way too much $$
    The Childrens Place, like their jeans the best, not really sold on anything else.
    Gap, like pretty much everything we get from there, solid tops, print tops with apples, etc. Loved their onesies.
    Gymboree, great basics, have found a lot of stuff that doesn't have to be matchy, and have also found great stuff on sale. Also like some of the outlet stuff.
    Target, great for play
    Carters, great for play, fleece jammies are okay, but don't wash really well, don't stay super fleecy.

Okay, but don't go out of my way to buy:
    Baby Lulu, runs small
    Mini Boden, never tried, too much $$$, and cute stuff I like is never really on sale
    Tea Collection, again just haven't found one thing I am really attracted to.
    LL Bean, a little too country home for my tastes or always out of the really cute stuff

Shoes:
    baby: Pedi Ped
    fist walker, Pedi Ped or See Kai Run
    toddler: Pedi Ped Flex, New Balance Kids
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I do like Carters for their white onsies and fleece pj's. Basic sweatpants, etc. are good too. BUT, like pp mentioned, their tagless tag gave DD chemical burns. They did give me a refund on the items, but I'm not happy about her skin reactions. Eventhough they change their formula for tags every year, I still find that to be safe, I have to iron on some facing from Joann over Carter's tagless tags.

I don't buy from BabyGap often b/c of price, but what I have, I do love the quality, thickness, softness, etc.

Old Navy for certain things. They do have some cute styles at times.

I actually really like TCP and have not really had problems with quality. I've mostly bought for DS though, so maybe it is a difference btwn girls and boys clothes. Many years I bought him the 3 in 1 winter coat for $35 on clearance. When he was younger, I bought his onsies, pants, sweatshirts, etc. there. Haven't bought much for DD there for some reason.

Land's End. Love them. I buy at Sears on sale/clearance, and the value (quality for price) is great!

LL bean quality and CS is also excellent, although I don't buy a lot from them.

Gymbo for cute t-shirts. I like to mix and match rather than buy matching outfits, so I tend to buy separates there rather than the outfits.

I agree that with Gerber, you have to buy 18 mo onsies for a 4 month old for it to fit. Very poor quality.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

czekit7 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Carters for onesies and underwear/undershirt, Gap, Old Navy and Gymboree for everyday wear. Haven't really purchased any NICE clothes, but really like Gap and Navy for nicer stuff!!

stefani is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DS is 6.5 years old, and I love Mountain brand shirts. Too bad they are not making them in long-sleeved shirts for youth.
    Stefani

Mommy to DS born 5 Sep 03

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast