Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    ssgg is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Pumpkin Patch. Hands down.

I was so sad when the Pumpkin Patch at my local mall shut down!
    They still have a presence online, but I'm not much of an online clothes shopper.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaray View Post
    I forgot to add, I love Costco's sleepers -- they run from 3m to 24m. 100% cotton and snaps, no zippers. I hate zipper sleepers, I've zipped up too many tummies in the middle of the night by accident!
    I'm the opposite, I HATE snaps and LOVE the zippers! Snaps take way too long to do, esp. in the middle of the night when you're tired and can't see straight.
    DS1-1/09
    DS2-10/12

For the first several months, Carters is hands down the best! Cheap and great quality stuff! I wish I knew about HA when DS was born...I'm sure I would have loved all the organic onesies, wiggle pants, zippers, etc. back then as well. My new favorite for DS is MiniBoden. I love their funky, unique, diff. style that's hard to find anywhere else. After DS grows out of the HA baby line (zippers, rompers, etc) which I love, I doubt we'll buy much of HA anymore since I like Boden's style much better for older toddlers/boys. We also have a sprinkle of Gymboree, ON, and Gap...most of held up well, but their styles are no diff. than anywhere else's. I now mainly use them as supplement pieces to nicer, more expensive brands (HA and Boden).
    Last edited by lchang25000; 04-30-2010 at 12:58 PM.
    DS1-1/09
    DS2-10/12

Carters for sleepers

Petit Bateau and Gap for onesies but Gap quality seems to be not so great especially after a couple of washes..Petit Bateau holds up great.

MiniBoden, Hanna Andersson, Zutano for everyday clothes washes great, color stays, longwearing and Zutano sizes IMO tend to run a bit small

Hanna Andersson or Petit Bateau for outerwear

LandsEnd, Target for miscellanous seasonal clothes but doesn't hold up as well

OliveJuiceKids, Jacadi or LittleSoldier for more expensive but nicer dressier outfits.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

For DD, I've received a lot of her more "girly" clothing as gifts (we opted not to find out what "flavor" baby beforehand) ... lots of Carters (cotton sleepers & onesies I love, also like their "Just One Year" line @ Target for pants) sizing is fine; DD is on the cusp of NB & 0-3, but she's long & lean so some NB things are now too short.

Also like "Organically Grown" brand from, I think, Lord & Taylor.

Received an Absorba pants outfit that's so soft & cuddly DD doesn't fight me when I put it on her.

For dressy, I bought her a linen (yeah, I know) dress by First Impressions (on sale @ Macy's) and a cotton dress by Ralph Lauren (also on sale @ Macy's; she hasn't worn it yet) ... love the 1st because it buttons all the way from the neckline to the hem, so no wrestling with DD to slip it over her head!

Received lots of unisex TCP and Gymbo for gifts & it's holding up OK so far (I wash her stuff in cold water & dry low w/dryer balls) & I hope to be able to hand it down to my SIL - due in October.

Best socks so far for DD are Trumpette Too from Target, but @ $8/3pk, they are kinda splurgy.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

LOVE Hanna Andersson!!! The basic baby socks stay on like they are glued! Our favorites so far. Better than Baby Gap socks (which are okay but not as good as the hannas). If you are willing to shop for the next year, you can get good deals on their end of season sales. I think that their quality is the best of any line I have seen in stores, so I am willing to pay for it.

I love the styling of Tea Collection, but am totally unimpressed with the quality. I think I am going to stop buying it- I have had issues w/ prints fading and pilling, fabric developing tiny holes, etc. And my daughter is only a few months old, so it's not like they've been worn for 6 months by a hard-playing toddler! But it really doesn't look like anything else out there, so I hate that the quality is bad. Also, it runs super small, even for my tiny daughter.

I like Zutano too, but don't have a lot of experience with it.

I like KissyKissy, especially for their snap-front convertible gowns. Other companies make them, but I though the KK ones were worth the money, not just for style but for functionality and quality. I have a couple of other outfits from them, and they are okay, but my daughter is outgrowing them really, really fast.

I have come to appreciate Carter's for value and durability, but the styles are not exciting to me.

I just got a smocked dress from Strasburg for a picture session, and it is okay, but I wasn't overwhelmed by the quality compared to other smocked dresses I have seen. It was mostly the little details I didn't love- thin fabric, non-coordinated buttons, etc. I just ordered a couple of outfits from a Beaux et Belles trunk show, and the price of an outfit wasn't that much more than a dress from Strasburg, but you get to pick everything and the quality is really incredible.

sste is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

OK, here is my list and there is alot of negative there! I am a little type A.

1. Hanna: highly variable. Quality significantly down in past three years. Some things are soft and thick and well-made; others thin, silk-screened, cheaper, etc. I don't like to order from the catalog anymore I want to see in person. Best ever baby fleece jackets and swedish moccasins and soft landings pants with decoration on the butt are still all clear winners.

2. Gap: also mixed but more negative. Quality variable, often low. Increasing use of polyester. I do like their onesies as they provide a nice, thin layer. And their socks are nice.

3. Gymboree: the only thing gymbo has going for it is the fully coordinated outfit from hats to socks. Of the places mentioned thus far, they have the lowest quality IMO, I think esp. for the baby sizes. Much of my gymbo stuff ended up with wierd pin holes and fading. I still buy the very occasional coordinated outfit there and I like there toddler boy briefs.

4. Tea Collection: agree with pp that I love the styling but our gently worn Tea stuff all has fading and subtle pilling. Not OK for the price!

5. Zutano: overpriced in some cases for quality but great sales and cute prints. The sizing is a nightmare and we just stuck with the pants and coordinating tops. Stripes and solids are much softer than prints so we tried to pair solids with prints or do print pants so the outfit still felt soft. The best thing at Zutano IMO is their fleece baby jacket/cardigan things - - I think its called fleece cozy. They run ridiculously large and somehow manage to look good on your baby for multiple years. DS at age 2.5 is still wearing his from age 1.5.

So, what do I like?

1. Carters: very nice quality, soft, great prices

2. Mini-boden: just ordered this so no long-term report yet but the cotton quality seemed better than hanna and the styling is great. Also, nice, bright colors show less staining once you get to the self-feeding stage of babyhood.

3. Le Top: I really love le top for baby stuff. Well-made, soft, thick. Not cheap but I got some of it on ebay. This is my rec'd semi-splurge!

4. High-End: Petit Bateau and Pixie Lily: I am too cheap to buy but rec'd a little as gifts and both of these lines are lovely.
    ds 2007
    dd 2010
    baby dd 2014

WE LOVE LOVE LOVE TEA COLLECTION!!!! Amazing quality, cute designs and descent prices for their everyday tea.
    Sassy solo mama to a four year old fairy princess!

I agree with the PP completely!!

A few additions to note:

Gerber onesies and thermal jammies run SMALL!

Target's Circo brand has the best quality onesies that hold up well, thicker and roomier than Gerber and less expensive than Carters, plus can get plain and simple, or fun designs.

Gymboree and Gap fit my long, lean baby so well.

And those fabulous onesie extenders (maybe from One Step Ahead) are great in their 10 pack with all snap sizes if you cloth diaper or have a long baby ( both apply to me). I've tried upsizing to accomodate instead of using the extenders, and the neck has been too big (makes for cold shoulders!) or the torso too wide and silly looking.

Quote Originally Posted by cono0507 View Post
    Hanna Andersson, although their prices have increased lately so I only buy during sales.

Love Baby Gap and Gymboree for quality. Also love Lands End and LL Bean - great quality and wonderful outerwear.

Carters - great for sleepers and basics during the first year. However, I agree with the PP and could do without all the wording with "Daddy's Princess", etc.

Old Navy - Love their jeans for toddler boys and the price - generally $10 or less. I've been less impressed with the quality of their infant things and with how thin some of their knits are.

bigpassport is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Gymboree for cuteness and quality. I want my baby to look like a baby, not a little man. Gymboree always has cute designs. Also, the quality is very good and durable. I've purchased a lot of Gymboree clothes second hand from Ebay and consignment sales, and for the most part you can't tell if they've been washed 1 time or 20 times.

I also like Carter's, especially for onesies and fleece outfits.

For pajamas, I like The Children's Place and Carter's.
    Lee
    DS 06/09
    Expecting b/b twins via adoption, Summer 2013

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast