Default 14mo old and still no teeth...

I have a 14mo old son and although it seems like he's been teething since he was 6mos old... still nothing. We took him to the dentist and she said not to worry, they'll come in eventually.

Feeding him is becoming challenging though. I've been trying to get him to eat what we eat, but lately he won't go for it. Don't get me wrong, he's a good eater - he'll eat baby jars no problem... but, I'm trying to get away from them. Anyone have any advice or experience with a late teether?

amandabea is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My DD didn't get her first tooth until she was almost 12 months, but it was quickly followed by 2 more. At 22 months she still only has 12 teeth (4 top, 4 bottom, and 4 molars - 1 one each side, top & bottom). Most of her daycare classmates have complete mouths full of teeth. It hasn't slowed down her eating at all. Our dentist has said not to worry too, they'll come in eventually.

nrp is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Our DD also got her first tooth just before her first birthday, and at almost two she has the same as PP - four bottom, four top and four molars. I worried too that they were never going to come in but so long as your dentist isn't concerned, I'm sure you're fine.

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Late teether here too. DD had all four top and four bottom ones grow in all at the same time at around 11 months. Then it's been nothing for the past 8 months. About 2 weeks ago I saw some others popping through, again it looks like she will get all her molars at once too. (But she only has 8 teeth at 19 months)
    Her cousins the same age have had their molars since they were about 1 year I think.
    DD
    DS

I have an almost 16 month old with no teeth!!!!!! Her ped was not worried about it at her 15 month checkup but I am very worried about it. I took her to see the dentist and he said it could be hereditary. Anyway we can't do anything but wait

Thanks for your replies - I feel better knowing that DS isn't the only one without teeth at this age. The dentist said not to worry, but it's tough not worrying!