Default 3 mos old putting stuff in mouth - teething?

So, dd is 15 weeks old. She has been putting her fists and fingers in her mouth since about 11 weeks and with fervor since 12 or 13 weeks. As of two days ago, she began sucking on her overall shoulder straps, then yesterday on anything near her mouth, but especially hard stuff. Today she is gumming the cold metal chiming bell on her new Tiny Love gym. I added an oragnic cotton teething toy from Under the Nile to the same ring to try to tempt her to that. She licked it a little and went back to the bell.

What is this? Teething already? Other than a frozen wash cloth, what can I give her? What are the good teething toys? I don't want to go with the gel filled stuff. She is just learning to reach for stuff and hold stuff - doesn't really have that down yet (although when I do bottle feed, she will hold the bottle). So, a toy that I can put on her wrist might be good.

Help? Ideas?
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

What about the wrist rattles. DS loves to chew on his.

Are those safe to chew on? I say "chew", but really more gum and lick. I have only seen the one out by Lamaze....what brand tasted best to your son?
    ---------
    A-M

---------

ahrimie is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

my dd's been doing that for the longest time too.. and she's 6 months and still no teeth. i bought some wooden toys from sassy that have little cloth pieces that she frequents often. she loves loves though, this bunny lovey i bought at nordstrom: it has a bunny head and long ears (that she chews on), with a "body" like a blanket with velour on the outside and silky feeling on the inside. she LOVES this toy.

i just let her chew on anything that's not dangerous.. i think i will get a teething bead ring though. someone gave me theirs.. but it looks really chewed on and worn i dunno.. a little icky to me.

My son liked something like this - http://www.pottytrainingconcepts.com/58492-Blue.html

DS also LOVES starfish - http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2792511. We put it in his careat with him and it's fun to hear hiim play with it.

We got my DH teething ring (silver) it's kind of neat plus sentimental.

Thanks! Both look great. DD wouldnt stop staring at laptop when I pulled up that starfish....so I am getting it today with a coupon.
    ---------
    A-M

---------