srhs is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Unsuccessful Searches

I have the hardest time searching for old threads. What am I doing wrong? For example, I wanted to locate this thread in the Lounge:
    FDA ignores BPA evidence for Baby bottles
    http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin...highlight=safe

From within the Lounge, I clicked "Search This Forum." I tried bpa, BPA, FDA, fda, getting "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

This happens to me in all the forums; this is just a specific example. Where am I erring? TIA!!!

If the post is that old the forum could have undergone changes that deleted the thread...or it was deleted to make room for more.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I tried searching for you too because I have good success with my searches. But I got the same results.. How frustrating b/c it is a newer thread!

I usually have the best success if I at least know one poster from the thread and enter that in on the advance search page.

Beth

jerigirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I might be totally wrong in this, but I think maybe if you put more words (letters) in the search box you would do better. Try "BPA evidence". Maybe 3 letters isn't enough.
    jeri
    DS 6/10/06
    DS2 9/1/10

missym is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

I'd have to check to be sure, but I think vbulletin ignores search terms that are under 4 letters. Sorry!

If you're having trouble searching for a thread, please feel free to PM me. I'll be happy to help you find it.
    Missy
    Mom to DD1 '03 and DD2 '05