anamika is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default ANy deals on stainless steel/anodized cookware? Questions??

eta to add Q: is the Kirkland set teflon coated? Sounds like it? Is this a "feature" of all hard anodized cookware or only this one?
    Thanks,
    U.

I need to buy just a few non-nonstick cookware pieces. Not a whole set.
    I haven't even looked into brands and quality etc so I'm hoping someone will make it easier by telling me about some awesome deal!
    Last edited by anamika; 11-23-2008 at 11:35 AM.
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

I always find great pans at TJ Maxx/Marshalls/Homegoods. I've bought a couple of fantastic All-Clad pans for at least 50% off. They also have Calphalon and Cuisinart all of the time too.

sdjeppa is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I find great deals on Calphalon on Amazon

wzly is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I know you said you didn't want a set, but I thought I'd send you this link anyway...

Friday sale at Amazon...9 piece set $135 vs $492...NOt sure if that's a good deal/price or not...Seems like it, but I haven't looked around...

http://www.amazon.com/Calphalon-Comm...0W8NZ35TY4FD39

I've had great luck with a set like this I bought a year ago from them...

Jen
    mom to Emily 4-00, twins Sarah & Abigail 1-05, and baby Jack 12-18-08...

lowrioh is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I got myself new pots and pans a few years ago when we redid our kitchen. I did a lot of research and decided on the Kirkland pans and I love them. I got the recommendation from the people over on the cooking forum of iVillage GardenWeb. They are a great deal if you want an entire set.

Costco Kirkland pots

Melbel is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Calphalon-Comm...UTF8&s=kitchen

Calphalon Commercial Hard-Anodized 2-1/2-Quart Shallow Saucepan with Lid
    List Price: $119.00
    Price: $19.99 & eligible for free shipping with Amazon Prime
    You Save: $99.01 (83%)

Special Offer: Spend $50 or more in our Home & Garden Store and receive a one-year subscription to Bon Appétit (an $8 value) with your purchase.

Also consider possibility of Kirkland (Costco) 14 piece set for value and quality (CR top rated and best buy). Maybe you could gift some pieces.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...lang=en-US&s=1

anamika is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Oh thank you so much for the responses. I hadn't seen the Costco sets - we love Costco so I might be tempted to get the set and store some for later.

Those Amazon deals look great too. I'm going to price what individual pieces I need and compare to the set.
    Okay silly Q - hard anodized is not non-stick right? I'm always thrown by the color and feel into thinking maybe it's coated.
    Last edited by anamika; 11-21-2008 at 03:14 PM.
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius