Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    TraciG is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks Heather , hoping thing's will get better eventually !
    Traci

Mom to Sydney Nicole & Jacob Hunter

My 2 cents. I have a 7 mo old. She does 2 naps a day , occasionally 3 ( when either of her other two naps was short). I read a couple of books when she was 3 mo old, but didnt practice any of it and just forgot about it. DD just found her schedule.

Here is how her normal day looks

6:30 am - 4-6 oz formula
    8 am - wake up for day
    9 am - cereal+fruit
    10:15 am - 4-6 oz formula
    10:30 am - 12:30 nap
    2:00 pm - 4-6 oz formula
    2:30 pm - 4:30 pm nap
    6:00 pm - rice+veggie
    7:00 pm - 4 - 6 oz
    8:00 pm - bed time
    11:00 pm - 4-6 oz formula

The most imp thing I learnt was at my breastfeeding class " Feed your baby as much as you can during the day, which will help them sleep through the night and also find a good schedule". I just did that and the naps/routine just fell in place.

HTH

I have a 7 month old who was sleeping through the night at 10 weeks which was wonderful. However, ever since he started on baby food at 6 months he is no longer sleeping through the night and wakes up twice in the night for a bottle. Do you think he is not getting enough bottles during the day causing him to want more at night? Of course he still gets his formula during the day but doesnt take as much since he started eating.

Quote Originally Posted by HIU8 View Post
    DD ate every 3 hours up until we weaned her. She was formula fed (not by choice, but nothing you can do when your milk doesn't come in). Anyway, she finally started sleeping through the night without anything around 10 months old. Before then it was every 3 hours round the clock (even after we introduced solids). She was also a lousy napper. Her naps would be 20 to 60 minutes and that's it. At around 13 months everything changed and she now takes 1 nap a day that goes from 1.5 to 3 hours (love the 3 hour naps). It just happened one day and it's been good since. But, it was a long hard road before that. HTH at least knowing that it can change.

I read this thread with interest as it could have been written by me. Heather, thank you for giving me hope that I'll someday rest again. This is my daughter to a "T". I am so sick of waking every three hours with an 8.5 month old!!!!!!!!!!!! My daughter eats a ton of solids (stage 2 meals, even protein meals!) and still this continues. We nurse at night, she doesn't take bottles. My older daughter was a Weissbluth girl, slept horribly until she was 5 months, then perfectly (and still today). But the younger one...ugh!
    Mom to Emily (6/04) and Julia (5/08)
    A lifelong dream come true!

E: Graco Affix backless booster
    J: Parkway SG, high backs, both cars
    BiG GIRLS NOW!

I car seats!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3