Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ray7694 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

You many not want to hear this but the poor sleep during the day can lead to poor sleep at night. What time does the nap occur? My dd is 9 months and sleeps 1 hour at 9am and then 2 hours at 1pm. She is up for the day at 3.

At night waking decrease the ounces of milk by an ounce every two nights. Then just give water. It will stop.

Make sure you increase the day food to make up for it.

TraciG is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

he nap's anywhere from 8:30 to 9:15 & almost ALWAY'S for one hour, then again depending when he wake's up the next nap is only one hour, he sometime's wake's up tired still but I have to get him since we have to get DD from school. His second nap can not be later then 1:00 since we leave at 2:20.

I say he's affected because he rub's his eye's & complain's or cries on & off.

Maybe I exaggerate, I am going to the doc for a check up Monday
    Traci

Mom to Sydney Nicole & Jacob Hunter

ray7694 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Hmmm I don't know what you can do. That last nap needs to be longer so that he can make it until bedtime. I don't think most dc would do three naps at that age. I would try to find someone to do pickup. If not you have to deal with a fussy child.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

DS1 took 3 naps until age 9 or 10 months. He only napped 45 minutes or so at a time. I did nothing to change this, but he just grew into longer naps right around then. Hopefully, that happens for you.
    Kris

deenass is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default are you not following formula prep guidelines?

[I know he want's a second bottle, then I give 4 oz with the right amount of formual hoping he'll sleep until 6 at least !

This comment you made gave me pause - I beleive that you are NOT supposed to change the amounts on formula when you mix it and that doing so can be dangerous. Have you spoken with your ped about this?

deenass is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default will he nap in the stroller?

Traci, Can you take him for a long walk in the stroller before pick up so that he can nap through pick up? (Or even walk him in the halls of your building for until he falls asleep so that he is already in the stroller when you have to go for pick up?

Both my kids were down to one nap by ten months old. Maybe you can stretch him off the morning nap (feed him, play with him, stimulate him, etc) so that he can do one long nap in the mid morning (after you drop daughter off at school??) DS#2 used to go down for a nap around 9:30 - 10 am and sleep until pick up at 12:30 - 1. At 20 mos he now goes down at 11:30.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

She's making the formula weaker than called for, which would be dangerous to do all the time, but I think that one bottle like that at night for a 9 month old isn't dangerous. It's no different than offering water really.

It IS dangerous to use LESS water than called for because that makes it super concentrated which can be hard on baby's kidneys.

I do think he is probably hungry. What would happen if you reversed it? What if you gave a full strength bottle first and then a weaker one later?
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

so that he can do one long nap in the mid morning (after you drop daughter off at school??) DS#2 used to go down for a nap around 9:30 - 10 am and sleep until pick up at 12:30 - 1. At 20 mos he now goes down at 11:30.
    I was thinking this too. Make the morning nap go away and do one long mid morning one. Amy typically naps (when she does nap) from 11:30 -1:30.

Weissbluth may be great in theory, but not always so practical for a mom who has to juggle the needs of two kids!
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

TraciG is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

There is no way right now that I can take away his morning nap, today he was up at 5:20, I fed him 6 0z at 5:30, I usually wait until 6 but was HOPING AGAIN he'd go back to sleep, didn't happen. It's rare that he wake's up even in the morning not tired!

His body just doesn't seem to sleep more then one hour at a time for both nap's at this time, ONCE in a while but RARELY he will sleep longer.

We changed stroller's so I don't know if he'd sleep in it.

I REALLY don't think he's hungry at night for that first bottle, he eat's dinner at 5 then about 6:30 or 6:45 has another 4 oz. How hungry can he be 3 hour's later. I was giving him the right amount of formula for a while, 4 oz 2 scoop's at that first feeding , it didn't make a difference so that's when I switched to one scoop .

last night he only ate once, the one scoop at 10:30 then slept until 5 or a little after . For him that's great !
    Traci

Mom to Sydney Nicole & Jacob Hunter

HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DD ate every 3 hours up until we weaned her. She was formula fed (not by choice, but nothing you can do when your milk doesn't come in). Anyway, she finally started sleeping through the night without anything around 10 months old. Before then it was every 3 hours round the clock (even after we introduced solids). She was also a lousy napper. Her naps would be 20 to 60 minutes and that's it. At around 13 months everything changed and she now takes 1 nap a day that goes from 1.5 to 3 hours (love the 3 hour naps). It just happened one day and it's been good since. But, it was a long hard road before that. HTH at least knowing that it can change.
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast