Default "faux gingerbread" with graham crackers and

milk cartons

can anyone tell me whether to use pints or half pints, and how you go the roof one and the graham crackers in the right size?

thanks

I never had luck using the milk cartons. Plus it grosses me out.

I just make a square out of the graham crackers and do a two piece roof angled roof. There's "open space" triangles under the peaks of the roof. I've assembled them the night before and had no problem with kids decorating them the next day.

Of course, I was dealing with 2 to 4 year olds so they were only interested in the decorating. I don't think they would have been patient enough to assemble the house also.

I saw these in Family Fun and thought they were really cute...

http://jas.familyfun.go.com/arts-and...&craftid=12098

Not graham crackers, but I don't see why you couldn't use this idea with them.

Erin
    DS 8/05
    DD 1/08
    DS 3/11

thomma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I made faux gingerbread houses with my second graders for years. I used the milk cartons from the cafeteria (washed them out with a little dish soap and water and let air out until dry). For each house you need: 6 squares (so a rectangle graham cracker cut in half) and 2 triangles (cut 2 square graham crackers in half diagonally). We used confectioners sugar and water for the icing. We did a square on each side first. Then two squares at the top...which formed peaks. The triangles fit in perfectly. We'd build on one day then decorate the next.

Kim
    ds&dd 5/03

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

What a brilliant idea!
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs