Default What's the difference between these Medela's

I really need help with breastpumps. I want to register for the medela pump, but I don't understand the difference between them. What's the difference between the Medela freestyle hands free breast pump, the medela pump in style advanced double electric breastpump metrobag, medela pump in style advanced breastpump shoulder bag, etc. Is it the type of bag???? I don't care for a bag, I just want the best pump. Which is the best breast pump regardless of price? Thanks for your help!

ahrimie is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

i'm pretty sure for the pump in style, the metrobag and shoulder bag is just the bag that's different. there's another style that gives some extra bottles or an ice pack too. i can't speak for hte hands free one though, i've never seen it irl.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

PISA has the speed/amt. of suction combined in one dial. It also has an automatic let-down feature where it mimics a baby's pattern of sucking slower at first, then faster once the milk lets down. I don't have experience with the others, but I understand you have to adjust the levels if they don't have the let-down feature.

I think you'll want a bag, and one that you'll like for a long time. I got a backpack and have found it helpful to take the pump on car and plane trips (used it in the car, not on the plane) if you end up needing to pump for whatever reason. I didn't plan on having to pump as much as I did, but it happens to some of us. The bags have good storage for the bottles and horns and wipes and such.

all the pump in style advanced (PISA) are the same-its just the bag that they are in that is different. I had a PISA backpack and liked it. THe freestyle is a different pump all together. I've used both and love the freestyle. Here's a thread where I gave a detailed review. I'm into 8 months of pumping and still love it-even better than the hospital grade harmony that I use sometimes at work

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin...ight=freestyle
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

sail731 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I agree. The Freestyle is a lot easier to use and seemed to be more effective for me than my PISA.

Also, a nice bag is perfect for holding all of the parts and for storing milk while on the go. I liked my metro bag for going to work since it was large enough to hold everything.

I have the PISA in the shoulder bag model and I'm very happy with it. The metro bag model had some so-so reviews of the bag itself (but not the pump) on Amazon. I've never seen one in person.