Default Kitchen set or Power Wheels car

I have two boys - ages 4 and 23 months - who love Thomas and Lighning McQueen. I pushing to get a kitchen set for them for Christmas. It would keep them busy, give them a lot of pretend play and, hopefully, occupy them so I could get a few things done around the house. BTW - DH cooks a majority of the meals in the house.

My husband, on the other hand, saw the Lightning McQueen Power Wheels car today. It's one of those battery-powered cars that fits one kid. I know my boys would love it, but I'm concerned about a few things -- it's another toy that needs close supervision and it's not giving them any exercise.

What do you think? What would you buy?

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I vote the kitchen.....but my opinion is colored because we don't have a good outdoor space for anykind of battery car and because I love the idea of the kids being busy in the kitchen while I cook or clean. And having twins, I think that my girls are in capable of sharing a car, while a kitchen they could manage.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Kitchen. You need something to occupy them, not something you have to supervise. I think every kid needs a kitchen.