maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default DIY stocking holders?

Okay, I totally scored some wool knit stockings at a consignment gallery for less than $3 each. I am now extremely reluctant to buy holders that cost 4 times as much. I googled DIY stocking holders but I haven't had any luck. Has anyone made their own before that was strong enough to hold a filled stocking? I'm thinking maybe Christmas mugs filled with rocks or something, but then I don't know how to attach the stocking loop to the handle. Too complicated?
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

Just now noticed this thread and was intrigued...unfortunately I don't have any advice, but I thought I'd bump it up for you! FWIW, I've never found *any* stocking holders that could hold a filled stocking...Santa usually leaves the filled stockings on the breakfast table I guess you could spray paint some bricks gold or something and paint each person's name on one and try to rig up something that way, but otherwise I dunno!
    Mom to J 6/25/08 and M 6/21/11

Quote Originally Posted by misshollygolightly
    I guess you could spray paint some bricks gold or something and paint each person's name on one
    What a cute idea - I ordered our stockings late this year so they just arrived today and of course I have no holders. I was going to go buy those photo frames with hooks, but now I might go find some big round rock and paint it into something fun like a ladybug or something. Thanks for the suggestion!
    - K

DD '05, DS '07

tny915 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Maybe something like this?
    http://www.christmascovedesigns.com/...FSAUagod5FUnEA

Hmm, maybe you could make it out of a piece of wire hanger and stick some sort of endcap on the wire to keep it from scratching your mantle?
    DD1 2003
    DD2 2008