Default What bottles/bags to use with Ameda Purely Yours?

At least i have figured out which pump to buy!

Now that I have picked the Ameda Purely Yours - I now have to figure out what are the best bottles/bags for storage. Any hints?

Most standard ones fit. I use Mothers Milkmate, Ameda and Snappi's bottles and the Ameda bags (though I hear there are better bags for less out there....)
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

Binkandabee is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I pump into evenflo glass bottles and store them in the refrigerator. If I'm going to freeze the milk, I use Lansinoh bags.
    DD 07/03
    DD 07/08
    Our family is complete!

alirebco is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I use the Medela bottles since they are BPA free to collect the milk and the Lansinoh bags to store.
    A, mom to Ethan age 5.5 and L age 2

I use the playtex drop ins. Bought the adapter sets. to fit the pump.

Whent he baby was first born I pumped into the 4 oz liners/bottles. I learned my right side was stronger than my left. When he moved up to needing 6 oz I started putting an 8 oz liner/bottle on the right and one of these on the left http://evenflo.com/product.aspx?id=200 because the right on it's own couldn't produce a full amount by itself, and i didn't want to waste a liner just to catch milk. Except at the early early morning pump then i use an 8 oz liner/bottle on both sides because there's just so much more milk at that pump.

I LOVE my Purely Yours. I ended up having to exclusively pump. I actually have two. one i bought new and keep at home permenately. and another i bought used (replaced all the parts that comes in contact with milk) that I have in my car to use at school or when i'm visiting family. Granted I'm a very very forgetful person and having gone on a couple trips and forgetting one peice or other at home you learn a back plan is so very much your friend. lol.

Amedas are BPA free now, too...just becareful if buying online, make sure to get the polyproplene as a few sellers still have the old polycarbonate. Mothers Milk mate are BPA Free as are Snappis. However, I don't recommend Snappis for everyday use as after just a couple of uses, they stop snapping shut!

Lansinoh and Ameda bags should be the same as, (thanks to the BB book that I even know this), Lansinoh is Ameda re-branded. ANY bag will work with the pump, the difference is, how it stands, how it is marked, how it closes etc.

There was another GREAT thread on this a couple of months ago....I'll see if I can find it.

eta: Lansinoh and Ameda bags do not appear to be the same, sorry!!!!
    Last edited by amldaley; 12-08-2008 at 02:37 PM.
    ---------
    A-M

---------

JanBaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I just bought an Ameda and am trying to figure out the best way to freeze. Can I pump directly into the bottles (I have the Ameda bottles that came with the pump and also Dr. Brown's) and put them into the freezer and then thaw and use? I would rather skip the bags and just use bottles as it seems like that saves a few steps. Thanks for your insight!

Thanks for all the replies! There doesn't seem to be any clear answer as far as bottles, so I think that I will get a couple of different ones to try.

Janbaby - I will let the experts weigh in, but I bet that bottles can't go in the freezer. My guess is that they would warp in some way. A friend of mine uses the Lansinoh bags and lays them flat in a tupperware in the freezer. Seems to work well for her.

Yes, you can freeze in bottles but it is not the *best* choice. Glass and freezer bags are better. The freezer bags are nylon coated so antibodies don't stick. Plus, that's expensive tying all those bottles u[p in the freezer.
    ---------
    A-M

---------