Default Moby, Maya, Over the Shoulder Baby Holder or something else?

My little guy will arrive in a few weeks and I have not figured out the carrier situation yet. I would love some advice ...

I am 5'6" and average build. I will be home with the baby alone most days (I live in a cold climate so, for now, taking walks with the carrier is not a priority though if one is better than another and it can multi-task all the better!). I am mostly looking for a way to keep baby close to me and keep both of us comfy. The Moby, Maya and Over the Shoulder Baby Holder have all been recommended though I am open to others as well. I've yet to find a retailer in my area that carries more than one of these brand sso comparison shopping has been a bit of a challenge (I live in Chicago if anyone knows of a good shop in the area).

Thanks in advance for your help.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I'm 5'6" also, and we've loved the Ergo this time around, especially for the longevity, comfort and shareability of it (DH will happily wear a DC on his back). I really like that he's willing to wear it and I can tend to the other kid(s) when necessary. His only requests were that it was a black one. He's since added that the child he's wearing have on a dry diaper as there was a wet accident that soaked him one day. It was hilarious. We used it with the infant insert also and found it to be very comfy for all.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I don't have experience with any of those but of them I hear the most raves for the Maya.

I posted to suggest looking for a baby wearing group in your area. I found a NINO group in my city through google and have attended a few meetings. Parents will bring in their carriers and will help you try them on. It was great! I got to see lots of carriers in person and get helpful advice and wearing tips. Plus, since it wasn't a store there was no pressure to buy anything.

I googled quickly for you and found this link that might be worth perusing:
    http://babiesinchico.com/babywearing2.aspx

Btw, I have a Hotsling, Bjorn and Beco. All have found a place in my wearing.

Beth