Default Carriers - heights and sleeping babies

Sorry me again - still trying to decide between an Ergo (it's back on the list b.c. I can get it locally), Becco Butterfly II, Pikkolo and now an Angelpak added on.

I thought I pretty much had it decided on the Pikkolo when someone on mentioned that the back of the carrier was not high enough to support the head of a sleeping baby.

Whatever I use now will be fine as my DS is only 9 weeks old but when he gets older - that can be an issue!!

Anyone have any advice on this? I know the Angelpak has a higher back but everyone comments that it is best for a petite woman and I'm size 18. Plus there is no front carry which I can get over ....

I don't know about that... my baby sleeps a lot in the Pikkolo (it's one of the best ways to put her to sleep... it's how she naps when we're out and about) and there's no problem with the hood. It's sufficient enough. She's 9 months now... I'm not sure how long she is these days but she's usually in the 90th percentile for height and weight.

Also, I'm not sure if it's still up on the website... but at www.theportablebaby.com they have a picture of a sleeping toddler and a mom. She's showing in a series of pictures how you can put up the hood while doing the back carry. It fit fine and the toddler's head was fully supported (the toddler was about 3 years old).

PS. I just checked the website and the pictures aren't there anymore... but they do have one picture of an older baby being carried with the hood up (Orbit design)... and the entire head is covered.

Sorry, I just read your post and you're referring to the back of the carrier and not the hood. The back is low compared to the Ergo (but that's coz the baby rides higher in the Pikkolo)... but I always use the hood when she's sleeping so that's what's giving her the support. No problems there.