Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    lowrioh is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow
    You know you can do a hip carry in the Ergo also, right? I haven't, but you can.
    I just looked youtube and saw the hip carry....now I have to go home and try it out!

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lowrioh
    I just looked youtube and saw the hip carry....now I have to go home and try it out!
    Great! I will one day...if the strap will still go around my belly...

I forgot to give the link to the Ergo support area where the demonstrate different positions
    http://www.ergobabycarrier.com/support/instructions

if your baby likes to face out, the pikkolo is your best choice. it basically can do everything the ergo can plus face out. i prefer it over the ergo since it doesn't ride so low on the hips and the baby is closer to your body. i have a bad back and the ergo wouldn't work well on me. all my friends who have both ergo and pikkolo prefer the pikkolo.

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

If you live in a cold climate and need something that is warm, super fast, and "popable", have you considered a Kangaroo Korner Adjustable Fleece Pouch? 15mo DD2 is easily 25# and I still wear her easily in a hip carry. She still passes out in it. You can probably find one easily on BabywearingSwap or TBW.

I also have a Kozy ABC that is pretty easy to use on the back. I prefer the KKAFP for popability, though. I used the Kozy for DD1 all the time, though, riht up until she was 2.5 (and HUGE!) and I was 8mo pg (and HUGE!).
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

Thanks mommies. Now that Xmas is over I am going to try for an Ergo and Beco. They both seem like great options. My cousin is pregnant so I can pass the Bjorn down to her. It is great for the first several months but my back has let me know it's time to move on.

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I've had both the Beco and the Ergo. I sold the Beco (carnival, sooooo CUTE) and kept the Ergo. The Ergo fit me better -- I'm 5'9" with a short torso. The woman I sold the Beco to was very short, probably 5' and it fit her well.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

sste is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I am 5'4 and the Beco is perfect - - I agree with Melissa that a tall person would really want to try the Beco out. My husband doesn't want to wear it but I don't know if that is because of the height issue or the cute pattern! In the store, the Ergo fit me and my husband who is 5'9.

I actually like the Ergo better now than I did at the 10-lb stage. At about 15 lbs the bella was too small, so I switched back to the Ergo. It's been fine.

Another rec for the Ergo. We used the Baby Bjorn with ds1 and then got the Ergo when he was about 7 months old. HUGE difference as the Ergo is so much more comfortable.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I bought a Beco Butterfly carrier right before my daughter turned 2 last spring after my hubby's car died and he had to trek 2 miles back to the car repair shop to pick up the car (w/the stroller in the trunk! he he!). It was the first carrier I'd used since I stopped using the Bjorn when my daughter was 4 mos old. I love the carrier, and even now at almost 3 she still likes to go in it. I haven't used it much (I have a bad back), but my husband likes it for when he's alone with DD and still needs to take the dog for a walk. I plan on using it for our new little one next year.

I am 5'6" and the Beco was more comfortable than the Ergo was for my back. I have the Mia print, and I really like it. Even my husband doesn't complain about the print!
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 12-30-2008 at 05:32 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast