Default Help TEETHING ISSUES

Hi everyone. DD is cutting her first tooth and her gums are bothering her. Last night the doc said to give her Tylenol before she goes to bed and that seemed to help. She woke up at about 3AM. I held her and she fell back asleep right away. Not sure if that was the teething or if she was hungry but she normaly sleeps rather soundly and through the night unless she's popped. She woke up again at 6:30. She went back to sleep find after having a bottle. Putting Little Remedies teething gel on is hard because she just wants to lick it and if she can't do that then she doesn't want it on her gums. LMAO. Anyhoo, she has teething toys she likes and is soothed putting her hands in her mouth or I wash my hands and put my finger in her mouth. Is there any other tried and true tips you guys can give?

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Hylands Teething Tablets (you can get them at Walmart and other places) are supposed to help. They are homeopathic, so shouldn't be a problem to give her. I recommend the baltic amber teething necklaces. I get them here: http://hyenacart.com/inspiredbyfinn/index.php?c=29 I really do think they help and I wear mine all the time too, for my neck pain.
    Oh and I think Motrin works better than Tylenol personally. I hope she feels better!

WatchingThemGrow is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

wet some baby washcloths, roll them and freeze them in a baggie. We found them great for soothing sore gums.

Thanks mommies.