Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

We use Medela for pumping/storing and they work just fine for us. Not that we use them much, but we got them from babycenter in a 6-pack on sale (which I think is still going on).
    -Ivy

Parenting two active, wonderful boys

This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. -Gary Lew

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We have Medela bottles, too. They're convenient, for certain.
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

ahrimie is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22
    When I learned that the Advent bottles we had been using had BPA in them I switched to the Medela bottles and nipples. DD took them no problem. I did pump directly into them. I'd transfer any milk that I didn't need for the next day into Medela storage bags.

I say try them and see if your LO likes the Medela bottle. My advice to any new mom is to NOT stock up on any one type of bottle. You never know if your LO will prefer something different.

this is what i did/still do. i use the medela bottles.. tried the adiri but they were awful so after that, i didn't try any more bc the medela were just fine. if the bottles are used up i use the storage bags

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty1
    ETA some additional questions on bottles...
    So I think I'll be getting a Medele pump and now am wondering why I don't use all Medela bottles. Does anyone use just Medela for bottles. I don't hear a lot so I'm assuming no? I will be pumping when I go back to work so it seems like it makes sense to pump directly into the Medela bottle and it can be used the next day.
    I tried to just use the Medela bottles because I was getting tired of washing pump bottles + regular bottles, but my daughter pretty much refused to take them. She likes her Sassy MAM bottles and won't tolerate much else. I even bought some Gerber nipples that kind of look like the MAM ones, but she can be pretty stubborn. There are a lot of different nipples that will fit onto the Medela bottles (Gerber, Evenflo, Target), so maybe try that out. Buying a couple different packs of nipples would be cheaper than buying a bunch of different bottles.

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm a postpartum doula and an infant nanny so I've used a ton of different bottles with babies. I have had clients use the Medela bottles and they work fine. I also like the small 4oz glass bottles by Evenflo. You can pump right into those and use those to feed with too. I prefer glass bottles over plastic ones now since they heat up so much faster and wash great in the dishwasher. I just got a pack of six 4oz Evenflo glass bottles in the BabyCenter going out of business sale for $4.50. I don't think you can beat that deal ($0.75 a bottle)! I also bought a pack of silicone nipples for $1.20 since the ones that come with the bottles are latex.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2