Default What size Hotsling?

Does anyone have a Hotsling and could advise me what size to get? There's a sale at Babycenter now, so I'd like to get one soon (my DD is due in Feb)...I am about 5 foot 6, and am usually a small or medium on top (pretty small breasted if that matters at all!!) and wear size 8 or 10 pants....

So should I order a small or a medium???/

TIA!

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

If you go to www.hotslings.com it should give you directions on how to measure yourself to determine your size.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

maiaann is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I think the hotslings size chart runs kinda big. I don't know how much you weigh, but your weight & height play the biggest role. I bought my sling a year ago, and according to their chart I should have gotten a size 3 or a size 4. I ended up buying a size 2 and it was much more comfortable than the other sizes. If you think you'll have some extra baby weight that will fall off easily, size down. I know it's hard, but I waited until DD was born, then tried them on at a BM store. If it makes you feel any better, it isn't too hard to find good prices on Hotslings - there are always deals to be found!
    DD1 10/01
    DD2 02/07
    DD3 07/09

Default What size Hotslings?

When I'm not pregnant, I weigh in the 140s, though it takes a while to get back down to that...Isn't a size 3 a small? So what would a size 2 be???

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I got a hotsling in a size 3 and it was too tight.... I then bought a size 4 and once I washed it, it shrunk a bit and was perfect. I don't like my pouches super tight though (my kiddos didn't like it to be super snug either).... some people like them more snug! I'm 5'5 and around 148lbs... smaller chested (B cup), if that helps any.

Good Luck

maiaann is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by marchmommy
    When I'm not pregnant, I weigh in the 140s, though it takes a while to get back down to that...Isn't a size 3 a small? So what would a size 2 be???
    Here's the sizing chart:
    http://www.hotslings.com/fit_sizing

The pouch slings size in #'s (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9).

Here is babycenter.com's conversion chart (I copied and pasted this, but you can find it in the box under "sizing"):

Hotsling size...t-shirt size...Height..........Weight......Bra......Should er to Hip
    3 (S).............S-M...........5'1"-5'10"......130-160.....CD.......24"
    4 (M).............M-L...........5'2"-6'0"........150-190.....DE.......25"
    5 (L)..............L-XL..........5'3"-6'1"........180-220.....E+.......26"

Another thing to note is that I wore my sling *the most* in the early postpartum days - well before I got back to my prepregnancy size. Keep that in mind when sizing. (To get the best estimate of how big you'll be in Feb/Mar (after your DC is born), subtract about 10-20 lbs from what you think you'll probably weigh around delivery.)

After about 5 or 6 months, DD was just to heavy to carry in a pouch and I switched to a wrap style sling. The pouch is super easy to use though and she would fall asleep in it the moment I put it on!

Oh, and I guess I probably ought to note and I'm very short (about 5'1"). I weighed around 135/140, but had a size D chest. My height is probably why I had to go down a size even though my weight/bust fell in the larger categories.
    Last edited by maiaann; 12-26-2008 at 09:01 PM.
    DD1 10/01
    DD2 02/07
    DD3 07/09