Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

DD (6)

Hits:
    KidActive trampoline - HUGE hit for both of them. It was a PITA to put together, but both of the kids absolutely love it. The songs are annoying but DD likes the games (especially the "freeze" game).
    Plasma Car - you sit on it and move the handle back and forth to get it going. Both of the kids love this, since you can use your legs to push it sround too.

Misses:
    Littlest Pet Shop Fitness Center - It is cute, but I knew it wouldn't really captivate her. It was the one thing she wanted from Santa, so we found it on sale at Walmart.

DS (almost 2)

Hits:
    Guidecraft Kitchenette - Perfect size for the family room
    Melissa and Doug Birthday cake - both of them have had a lot of fun with this
    Melissa and Doug Easel - both love this, too

Misses (more like he needs to grow into):
    Little People Eddie and His Boulder Worksite - DH and DD had fun with this, I think when DS is a little older he'll really love it. Very cute toy!
    Lisa
    Emma 11/02
    Adam 2/07
    Their hands may be small but their feelings are just as big as ours.

o_mom is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Hits:

Magnatiles
    Automoblox
    Colorforms
    Legos
    Learning Resources Counting Cookies
    Rainbow Ring Stacker
    Etsy Superhero Capes

Misses:

i-Play Build-a-Road set - this is so poorly made that I'm just sad for the person who gave it to them. The bridge falls down if you look at it and putting the track together is an adult job as it takes too much coordination for a 3 and 5 yo. They do like to watch the cars go around and crash them, but I don't see it being around long. At least the giver is OOT, so I can thank them profusely and move on. A $30 set of wooden roads would have been better.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

o_mom is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaray
    Moonsand -- nice thought, but it was our CLEANING LADY who gave it to her (I'm grateful, she d/n need to get them gifts), but come on -- its a freakin' mess in a box! Kinda funny it was the cleaning lady who gifted it, LOL.
    Two words: Job Security
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DD 17mos
    Hits:
    Step 2 Lifestyle Custom Kitchen. Perfect size for her (and our living room!)
    Little Tykes picnic table
    Footy pjs (or jamas as she calls them)

Misses
    Stuffed Elmo did not become the instant lovey that I thought it would given her LOVE of Elmo. Guess she likes him better on TV
    An Elmo Guitar toy that my SIL gave her that has no on/off switch or volume control. It is hideously loud and obnoxious. I've already hid it.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

It's hard for me to say what really has staying power. I'll try to come back and update in a few weeks and say how things are going.

DD is almost 5yo

Hits:
    - Bebe Amour doll (although, to be fair, I think should would have also been thrilled with a Bitty Baby)
    - Lucky the Incredible Wonder Pup
    - doll clothes and diapers in various sizes for dolls/animals/whatever
    - diaper bag to use with her new baby
    - stocking candy (candy canes, chocolate "pennies," and kindereggs)
    - American Girl wheelchair
    - Pengoloo (sp?) game

Sort of in the middle:
    - Hannah Montana doll from MIL; DD put on a "show" with the HM doll on Christmas Eve (HM sang Rudolph and Frosty and then did a tap dance); the clothes are too hard to take off and put on
    - stuffed dog and cat from my mom; DD likes them a lot and has dressed them in clothes, but I don't think they'll get daily play

Misses:
    - Calico Critters; I think the pieces are still too little for her to really play with easily. I think that she'll like it more when she has a little more manual dexterity, so I'm hoping to change the rating on this gift sometime during the next year
    - tilting bucket for the haba ball track (truth be told, I got this more for myself!)
    - Crayola Glow Station; DD isn't too interested in it right now, but I think she'll like it more when she's a little older. BIL saw it and thought it would be perfect for DD, which is really sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by kristac
    I was thinking the same thing!
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

ellies mom is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DD1 - 5 years
    Hits
    Mermaid costume
    Tinker bell wand ($4)
    Sparkly lip gloss
    Bitty Twin
    Knitting needle and yarn

In the middle
    Cyclops viewer
    Snap Circuits
    SpongeBob legos (from dh)
    Wall-e and Tinkerbell movies
    Tag reader

No true misses but I think the SpongeBob Operation game (dh again) may head in that direction. She likes it in theory but the noise it makes when she hits the sides freaks her out so she is a little scared of playing it.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

21 week old DD:

Hits:

-Tiny Love Fruity Pals .... all three, but especially the banana as it is easier for her to hold and the top goes right in her mouth.

-Bright Starts buzzing tummy frog

-Tiny Love wind chimes

Bomb:

Fisher Price Sing Along Super Star Stage....DD has NEVER freaked out about ANYTHING other than waking up in her carseat in the dark when I am driving and she is alone in the back. Anyway, DH pressed the button on the toy while she was nursing and accidentally scared her. Now, whenever we press the buttons, she INSTANTLY starts crying and looks at us like, "Why???". And she's not much of a cryer normally. Poor baby
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

Cam&Clay is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DS2 turns one this weekend.

Hits:
    FP Laugh & Learn Kitchen--so much fun (and not too annoying...yet)
    Leap Frog Learning Pal (caterpillar)
    FP Little People School Bus
    Set of baby keys
    Set of toddler spoons (LOVES these!)
    Board books
    Balls

Kind of a Miss:
    Ball Popper Toy--(a little freaked out by the fan...loves the balls though)

Susan
    DS1 age 10 years
    DS2 age 1 year

gobadgers is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DD is 16 months old...

Hits:
    - Rose Petal Cottage, and especially the cradle and changing table accessories.
    - Green Toys tea set. I can't say how many times I've been offered tea since Christmas morning, but I'm not tired of it yet.
    - a little plastic pull-along sled. DD even loves to sit in it in the middle of the living room, and giggled uncontrollably when I pulled her around.
    - smallish Big Bird stuffed animal
    - Elmo books
    - bouncing Tigger from the second-hand store
    - "Parents" brand magnetic doodle pad with pen and four animal magnet stamps.
    - I hate to admit it, but an awful plastic Little People ride-on bus is getting lots of play time. I guess it stays...

Not sure yet:
    - Bristle blocks - I was sure these would be the hit of the day, but she's not into them yet. I'm hoping that they'll gain popularity in the next months/years.
    - Bucky Badger stuffed animal (Univ of Wisconsin mascot). He's still a little scary I guess.
    - Tadoodles from Crayola - she colors with crayons and markers but could NOT get the hang of these little roly-poly things. We'll try again in a few months (to be fair, it's labeled 18 months+)

Hits for both her and me:
    - Learning Tower. WOW, it's been 48 hours since we set it up and I have no idea how we ever survived without it. It will be quite a while before she can climb up and down herself, but she's so happy to be at counter-height with me in the kitchen.
    - Leap Frog Refrigerator Radio (can't remember the exact name) - she's happy dancing along to this for just the amount of time I need to empty the dishwasher :-)
    -Christine

DD, 9/07
    DS, 5/09
    and a very tolerant pup

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast