Default FP Sing-Along Stage? Anyone?

I am contemplating the Fisher Price Sing-Along Stage for dd for X-mas. She will be 5 months old then (rec. age is 6 mo +) She is a little behind developmentally as she is in a pavlik harness, so I am not sure when she will be sitting unassisted - but this looks like so much fun! Dh and I sing and dance with her constantly, so I gotta think she will enjoy doing the same. And babies dooooo love mirrors.

Anyone have this? What is it like? Do you like it? More importantly, does your dc? How well is it made? I have Fisher-Price "issues".

Any info is appreciated!
    TIA!
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We have it. DD got it as a gift a few months ago (about 1yr of age). She loves hitting all the "instruments" to play music and looking at herself in the mirror. It seems well made and is quite sturdy (DD likes to climb all over it and it doesn't tip over). The songs are pretty good. I find it one of the least annoying musical toys we own.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22
    I find it one of the least annoying musical toys we own.
    That is the most useful peice of info!!!!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ---------
    A-M

---------

My kids started siting up around 6 months old.

I have 14 month old twins. I saw this for half off at Walmart so I snatched it up for one of their BDay gifts. They played with it EXCLUSELY for about a month and a half and then nothing. It sat in the corner and about a week ago they started climbing on it like crazy. I dont consider it safe anymore so we placed an add on craigslist. They are knocking it over and backwards "leaning" against it to tip it over.

We also have the Fisher Price Learning Home and consider that a must have. It takes just as much valuable floor space. It was a hit from the begging and even more so now. They can not tip this one over. If I had to chose only one hands down the house. We also had the Leap Frog Learning table they played with quite a bit. The house is a clear winner, long lasting...

The stage is probebly the only Fisher Price toy that is not totally anoying though. Dh likes to activate it all the time and the kids love to bop and sway to the music.

Got it for $30.99 shipped from Amazon....and, it is the first toy ever that has made dd cry.....she is terrified of it!!!!!!
    ---------
    A-M

---------