Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default BRUs "multiples discount".

Just wanted to make sure all you new multiple mamas and multiple mamas-to-be knew about the BRUs multiples discount. They'll give you 10% off of big ticket items (cribs, dressers, Baby Bjorns, expensive swings, etc.) when you buy two or more. You just have to ask for it when checking out.

I found out about it from my Moms of Twins Club. Too bad I didn't know when we bought our cribs, but now that my cribs have been recalled (yesterday!), I'll ask for the discount when I buy my new ones.

Hope this helps someone!

Also, you can't use any of the BRU coupons on top of the discount. Definitely do the math before you buy to get the greater discount!
    Bonny
    Mom to E&E 5/2002

Quote Originally Posted by bonbon98
    Also, you can't use any of the BRU coupons on top of the discount. Definitely do the math before you buy to get the greater discount!
    Yep, that's right!

caheinz is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Doesn't really help much when you have one of something from an older child...

We don't need two cribs, since we have one. A discount on the second one we only need because we have twins this time would have been nice. (At this point, I can even bring the twins along to prove it!)
    mommy to three boys: A, 3/04
    and identical twins B and D, arrived 9/08

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by caheinz
    Doesn't really help much when you have one of something from an older child...
    Yeah, that kind of stinks. The only thing I needed 2 of was carseats since we decided to use Safeseats instead of our Snugride because of the higher weight limits. But, the Safeseats we found were on sale for more than the twin discount anyway. So much for that. And I had a 15% coupon off Baby Depot which is where I bought the Sweetpeace Swings.

I'll probably use that 10% discount when it's time to buy convertible carseats for the twins. Unless, hopefully, I can get a better discount somewhere else.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

dowlinal is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

BuyBuyBaby will also do 10% off identical items for twins.

Unfortunately, like Cheryl I have one of most things. I think the only thing we need to buy two of are infant carseats. I already have cribs from my older two and since my youngest never really slept in hers I only need one new mattress.

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by dowlinal
    BuyBuyBaby will also do 10% off identical items for twins.

Unfortunately, like Cheryl I have one of most things. I think the only thing we need to buy two of are infant carseats. I already have cribs from my older two and since my youngest never really slept in hers I only need one new mattress.
    Sounds like congratulations are in order, girl!!! When are you due?? I'm so glad that I'm not alone in going from 2 kids to 4 - there are a few of us on the boards with two kids who are due with twins.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

mongo is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Default BRU coupons with twins discount

Quote Originally Posted by bonbon98
    It depends on which BRU you go to. When we shop in the city, the store will not let us use both discounts and heavily restrict the use of the twins discount to only furniture.

However, when we go out to the 'burbs, we have been able to compound the coupons and get discounts off things like diapers, wipes, and supplies we buy in bulk, which are expensive, but nonetheless are not big ticket items. We've just handed over our BRU coupons to the cashier and asked for the twins discount.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Don't get me started on this. I got really mad when registering they said no such discount existed and then the FIRST time I was offered a twin discount the girls were over 2. All the money I would've saved makes me mad....

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine
    Don't get me started on this. I got really mad when registering they said no such discount existed and then the FIRST time I was offered a twin discount the girls were over 2. All the money I would've saved makes me mad....

I got some varying stories from workers at my BRUS also. (whether it exists, how much it is, what items it applies to, etc). It was frustrating. But, honestly, I have had so many horrific experiences with that store I refuse to shop there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast