Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default I neved had any bad experience with them..

I have ordered couple of times through BRU and TRU. I have always had fast delivery and no hassles. But I never had to return anything or order something from a registry. So I can't share anything in that department.

We once ordered an outdoor playset from TRU and it was a large order but the delivery was perfect and on time.

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    I understand that, but I still think offering SOME return options is good customer service. For instance when you set up a registry, and are therefore bringing the store a lot of business they should have the courtesy of accepting returns for brand new, unopened items from that registry, even without a receipt.

But it's ok if they don't. We'll obviously just take our business elsewhere!
    Target does! If you print off your purchase list (or whatever it's called) and show them that you received two of the same thing off your registry, when you only registered for one, they'll take back the duplicate. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by tesslouise View Post
    Target does! If you print off your purchase list (or whatever it's called) and show them that you received two of the same thing off your registry, when you only registered for one, they'll take back the duplicate. Yay!
    it's still considered a returm w/out receipt and you are limited to two per year.
    Vivian
    Sydney (4/03)
    Avery (2/09)

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by tesslouise View Post

Except for when they mysteriously "can't find" your registry as happened to me. I got a duplicate Classic Pooh bedding set and when I went to the store to return it they asked me to pull up my registry on their kiosk since I didn't have a gift receipt. I tried pulling it up and came up with nothing. Now mind you- I had JUST pulled up my registry online at home, but didn't bring a copy with me. They then refused to let me EXCHANGE that item for anything else because the couldn't find my registry. Of course, when I got home I was able to pull up my registry with no problem online- and am still able to.
    I just think it is completely ridiculous that they could see the item was completely unopened, and I didn't even want money back- I was planning on exchanging it for a much more expensive itm that we needed. But no, they did not care. So the whole "they don't want to lose money" issue is sometimes a moot point.

Target had really gone downhill for me lately- their baby sections in the stores are always in disarray no matter where I go, AND even if you have a gift receipt they will only let you make an exchange/return 3 times a year. They track this with your drivers license number. Now, I understand that some people abuse the return system, but I don't see why if you have a receipt and the item is obviously unopened, why you can't exchange the item for something else.

Default Never any problems returning...

I think it depends on the individual store... I just had a baby 4 months ago and have made about 10 returns to Target and about 20 to BRU without a reciept, just a copy of my registry. Every time, they just put the full amount on a gift card and said "here ya go". No problems at all. Yes they ask for my registry print out and ID, but no hassle at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2