Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default BRU online-worst online shopping experience ever!

I have had two bad experiences with babiesrus.com. I have sent them an email to their corporate office as well as filling out a survey to let them know how their customer service is. This is what I wrote to them:

"Before Thanksgiving I had ordered a stroller. I received an order number & my gift card amt was deducted but when I tried to track my order it said the order# was inaccurate. I called several times to find out what was going on & I was transferred to several representatives & the answer I kept receiving was that I had to wait a few days to see if the money would be taken out of my account; then to call back. After a few days my order never went through so I called back to find out about my gift card amt & again was transferred several times & was told it would take 7-10 days to receive an email to see if the amt would be returned onto my card or you would send me a new gift card. After 1 week I had not received any confirmation via email or phone & had to call in to check the amt on the gift card to find the money had been returned. That overall experience was very disappointing but I decided to try babiesrus.com once again. Recently I had tried to order a swing from the website & I decided since I was ordering the swing I would go ahead an order burpcloths since I was paying all that shipping anyways. Then I received an email saying my burpcloths were shipped & the swing was cancelled. You had charged me almost $15 in shipping for a $7 item. I was very angry. I called in to complain about the ridiculous shipping amt for a $7 item. I was told once again that I had to wait until the full amt was charged out of my account to see how much shipping was actually charged. That made me even more angry. You couldn't tell me the details of my order when you are the customer representative for the online retailer? Again I was told to wait a few days then to call back. You had charged me $24 for burpcloths! It is absolutely ridiculous! I have not called back because I feel I do not receive any answers or help from babiesrus.com, so what could you do for me now? I received a coupon for free shipping for registering the awards program online and receive a 15% off coupon for having my swing order cancelled on me but I will NEVER order anything online from babiesrus.com ever again no matter how good of a deal it is online. I am so disappointed in babiesrus.com. I never really thought about shopping anywhere else for baby items but I will now shop around before making purchases at a baby r us retail store. That's how much babiesrus.com has disappointed me."

This is their reply:

"Thank you for contacting Toys R Us regarding your online order. I sincerely apologize that you had two such negative experiences with our online store. Unfortunately, I do not have access to the online store's systems so an unable to assist you. You will need to contact our customer service line at 1-800-869-7787 and ask to speak with the online department as they are best suited to answer your questions and assist you further. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you."

My conclusion:

If you have any problems with babiesrus.com don't expect anyone there to help you. I know several people have ordered us items online from our registry and had no problems. But if you do order something from them online AND have any problems-BEWARE! You will not get any help!

If you want specialty store service... go to a specialty store.
    If you want cost savings, or at least the illusion of it... shop at Babies R Us.

I learned this the hard way several years ago. BRU spends all their $$ in ads and none in training their sales people. If you have a problem you are basically on your own.

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I agree. Their online store and service sucks. They also tend to show items in stock that are actually out of stock. One rep said since they have a new website running, that is creating a lot of issues. Regardless, they need to clean up their act if they expect to sell in this difficult environment. So many websites have such awesome service, that theirs sticks out like a sore thumb.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

UGH....with their return policy changing, they are losing points FAST.
    Sorry this was such a PITA for you, OP! how annoying....

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I don't like BRUS at all. That's an awful response to receive.

I didn't really have an opinion of them until I had my first child. We went in to register and had to wait 45 minutes for a scanner. They told me they only had two working scanners for the entire store! I was 7 mos. pregnant too!

I much prefer Target, even though I know they have tightened up their return policy too.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

All retailers are tightening up their return policy. They can't afford to give away $$.
    I am a buyer at a major upper end department store and am always amazed at the stuff customers return. About 70% is legit but the other 30% is unbelievable. Worn, altered, missing pieces - we see it all. In parts of Europe like Italy there are no returns. You buy it... and its yours.

BTW, BRU messed up my registry so badly I ended up removing it.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MaddieBoo View Post
    All retailers are tightening up their return policy. They can't afford to give away $$.
    I understand that, but I still think offering SOME return options is good customer service. For instance when you set up a registry, and are therefore bringing the store a lot of business they should have the courtesy of accepting returns for brand new, unopened items from that registry, even without a receipt.

But it's ok if they don't. We'll obviously just take our business elsewhere!

I hate BRUS! The closest one to us is about 90 miles. I received a duplicate gift from my registry (an exersaucer-like jumper thing that was like 80 bucks) and tried to return it at the local ToysRUS and they refused to take it because it wasn't sold at TRUS. Now I understand that TRUS doesn't carry everything that BRUS does, but it was their fault that the registry allowed 2 of the same gift to be purchased, and they expected me to drive 90 miles to return it??
    This time we registerd at alternativegiftregistry.org

lorinick is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default BRU and the lack of guest sevice and staff.

If you think BRU was bad before it's only getting worse IMO. I do work there part time. I'm very knowledgeable though it has nothing to do with BRU. I love talking to customers about stroller and car seats it's my fav thing to do in the store. But since October I'm lucky to get one day a week and usually have to run the whole sales floor when I am there. There use to be someone in every department, not the case any longer. BRU is now owned by TRU and it's all one. TRU always had bad CS and now BRU is getting worse, now following all TRU rules. Guest asst. is not a big deal there any longer. I no longer even like working in the store. I have no time to spend with guests since I'm doing the job of four people. I no longer shop in the store. Which is sad since I work there and have for 8 years part time. I've seen so many changes that are not good and only getting worse. BRU has fired all the Regional and District manager's as of last month,and had TRU's manager's take over all there store and BRU too. It's bad. They can't pay employee but can buy a new on line retailer. The store sales are not that bad and is very busy on weekends. But no staff. It's a bad place to work now. It use to be a great working place. I'm not sure how long they can go on with the way they are operating these days.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast