mikeys_mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Any need for a single snap'n'go?

I have purchased a double snap'n'go for the twins, but I still have my single snap'n'go from my prior two DC. I've lent it out to several friends and relatives and after my sister finished with it last year, one of the wheels broke off. (She has offered to pay for it and/or replace if necessary. We are really close and these things are just a non-issue.)

I am wondering if it is worth getting it fixed, or if I should look into borrowing someone's, or will there be no need for a single? I can always wait and see, but it is easier to find someone to borrow from earlier rather than later.

Do you find that you are often heading out with just one twin, or is it always with both? If you are ever out with just one, does it seem like overkill to use the double snap'n'go? I have a full time nanny, so it's not like I always have to take all the kids out on my own.
    DS - 10
    DD - 8
    Twin Girls - 6

caheinz is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

At least so far, it's been both babies or neither. We only have the double sng, but we have an umbrella stroller and a Zippy from DS1, and neither has been used in the first 3 months.
    mommy to three boys: A, 3/04
    and identical twins B and D, arrived 9/08

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I had grand plans of putting one baby in a sling and the other in the single snap and go, so I bought a single. Never once used it. Also, I have never (in three years) taken the girls out separately. (I realize that is kind of sad, but I don't have any help, so can't separate. and when dh is around we do things all together).

Quote Originally Posted by fivi2
    I had grand plans of putting one baby in a sling and the other in the single snap and go, so I bought a single. Never once used it. Also, I have never (in three years) taken the girls out separately. (I realize that is kind of sad, but I don't have any help, so can't separate. and when dh is around we do things all together).
    Same with me! Have never taken a single boy anywhere, always both of them.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I did! I took Greenbean to Target without SiSi the other day for the very first time. I just put him in the cart. I'd forgotten how easy that was.

No, I"d say you don't need a single SNG. I still use my DSNG all the time but almost never use the only single stroller we have.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

WatchingThemGrow is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

No twins here, but Jon and Kate started taking one kid at a time out on a "date." I would think you could do that w/o the (broken) SNG once they are out of the carseat stage.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We rarely separate them, just because it is inconvenient. If DH is home, I'll go out alone to have some me time or we'll all go out as a family. A few times I've run errands with just one baby and it is fun for a change, but a great time to use a carrier or sling, ykwim? I don't think you'll need the stroller. You may want like a cheap-o umbrella stroller, but even that might not see much use, to be honest.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have taken one twin to the dr without the other. I didn't need a snap n go though because I parked and walked right into the office. Depending on how walkable your neighborhood is, a single might be useful.

I have 2 single sng strollers, DH and use them whenever we go out together.

The single snap and go can be cleaned up and used inside if you are transporting the babies from one room to the other. You can carry one and push the other one in a carseat in it....