Default Issues with using formula checks at CVS? Formula check denied?

DH and I both get formula checks in our name. About two weeks ago, CVS would not allow him to use the formula check and gave him some print out saying he needs to call telecheck or something like that to give his personal info. He didn't. We know this telecheck place tracks returns, purchases etc. I used the same denied formula check at a CVS in another borough no problem. Today he tried using a formula check in my name at a CVS pharmacy and he was given the same print out for us to call telecheck (i may be wrong on the name here). We'll just use it as babies r us but has anyone else had this problem? Is there a limit to the number of formula checks one can use per month?

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

There is some kind of weird limit. I tried using some at Sams and the first few worked, but then some didn't. Try another store (not CVS) and see what happens.

swrc00 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I know that Telecheck is also used to verify if funds exist in an account. I have noticed some stores, like Target cash it like a regular check and others cash it as a vendor check. I have never had a problem with Babies R' Us or Target taking the check and I have used a lot of checks. I am not sure which brand you use, but Babies R' Us has some brands on sell this week.

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow
    There is some kind of weird limit. I tried using some at Sams and the first few worked, but then some didn't. Try another store (not CVS) and see what happens.
    I figured it out with CVS. We use that CVS card that allows you extra discounts and extra bucks, etc. DH has his own card under his name and I have one under my name with a different number (we had them before we got together). They track it based on your CVS card number. I told him to try using it the next time without giving them his CVS card. After the $5.00 comes off then he can break out his CVS card.

swrc00 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Good to know about CVS! Thanks for the update!

Quote Originally Posted by swrc00
    Good to know about CVS! Thanks for the update!
    No problem. DH often gets 5 bucks off of a 25 purchase so that and the formula check helps us save a lot.