nupe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Statehood quarter collection

I am planning to assemble quarters from all the states that are for the year the DCs were born. Has anyone else done this? DS1 is 4yo and I think it will be fun for him.

I've seen a variety of folders for them at barnes and noble. Looks like I need a collection for the denver mint and one for the phila mint. Any recs for how to keep them? My thought is something like this:
    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The...0758700/?itm=1
    Nupe
    DS1 2004
    DS2 2007

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My DH and Sarah did this for the state quarters and have now moved on to nickels. They used a folder like that. They were smaller and cheaper than that actually. I think the brand name is Harris? and they got them at an actual B&N store. Although Amazon has them too.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

rlu is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

DH's grandmother had started a collection for each of her great-grandkids and these were passed out after she passed, partially completed. We have the whole set now, all the quarters are out, and we're holding it for DS since he is not interested.

I don't know which holder we have, but I wish it had a spot for the 1976 quarter as well.

We also put the state quarter for DS's birthstate in his baby book, using the sticky dots for scrapbooks (not sure what that is called).

eta: I didn't realize there were two sets, would be interesting to see if most of our came from Denver since the majority collected after her death came from our local credit union before getting out for general use.
    Last edited by rlu; 01-22-2009 at 06:43 PM.
    DS Mar04, 8th grader. Life Scout. Being read Flash the Homeless Donkey.
    GoldPup (golden retriever born Dec14); Big Boy Dog (1997 - 2008); Little Girl Dog (1997 - 2005); two 10-yo (2007-2017) huge goldfish we can no longer find in MIL's fish pond
    Go Sharks! Go Mirai, Nathan, the Shib Sibs and Team USA
    Recently read The Hate U Give (highly recommend) and The Noel Diary (ok, light). Starting A Dog Named Boo.
    Pooh - "It's a beautiful day." Eeyore - "Not from where I'm sitting." Pooh - "Try standing next to me." From The Best Bear in All the World, Spring.