Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I delivered my twins at 38 weeks vaginally. Baby a was head down and b was transverse but went breech after a was born. They reached in and pulled him down, delivering all of his body but his head which I pushed out. My dr's said that as long as A was head down they would have me deliver vaginally.

thomma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I would NOT want to labor, deliver one twin vaginally and then end up with a c/s for the second twin. And THEN have to try to come home 4 days later to take care of them both. (or possiby come home with just one baby and have to try to make it back daily to the hospital to visit the other in the NICU which is a real possibility with twins).

This is pretty much my experience...I had what the nurses and doctors called "the works". I won't share my story because I don't want to frighten the newly pregnant twin moms.

Kim
    ds&dd 5/03

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I've only talked to a couple of OB practices around here, but both said that they will only attempt a vaginal delivery if both babies are head-down.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

I think it definately depends on your doctor. I was scheduled for induction at 38 weeks. Baby A was head down, baby B was transverse. I had an epidural, pushed A out, and the doc went in and turned B head down. Then he used a suction to help bring him down, and I pushed B out. This was only possible because my doc was open to the possibility of doing a breech delivery. The other docs in the same practice told me that they were not comfortable with doing a breech delivery. And I certainly did not want to go through a vag delivery AND c section.

My wife wanted to deliver our twins vaginally like she had our first singleton, however, the problem was that the second baby could not be monitored while the first one was being born. In the end, we decided that the C-Section was much less risk to the babies than the vaginal birth, although it had my wife bummed for a while to say the least. We chose the safest route for our little buddles of joy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2