Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

you have gotten some great advice.

One other thing I did was join a walking group. I am pretty sure the website was see mommy run (I don't remember the exact link). It was great - I met a bunch of new moms, we could actually chat because babies were in strollers, and I got out of the house and exercising. It is free - each group just e-mails and sets up meeting times and spots. Some of them meet indoors during the winter. I am still friends (two and a half years later) with some of the moms (the group has fizzled, but we still have playdates). I just wanted to mention it as it is free and a good way to meet other moms. They have groups in most states and cities - just look on the site, I haven't checked it in a long time.

MoJo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I assume you have the go-ahead from your OB or midwife?

If I even did a load of laundry for the first 12 weeks, I would start bleeding again. My midwife said that can be normal, but that I needed to slow down.
    Jo

DD#1 "JellyBean" 6/08
    DD#2 "Ha" 6/10

"Theory is great, but as I'm in the trenches of diapers and dishes and ear infections, I try to relax and focus on what's most important: love."--mjs64

I did Weight Watchers online when DD was 8 weeks old, I think it was totally worth it - I didn't realize how big our portions were....and I think tracking your food is the best way yo lose weight.

I'm now using http://caloriecount.about.com/ and really like the sites' features - it's free and very similar to WW online in the sense that you're keeping a "food log". They have a lot of great recipes too.

Also, scan through your cable channels - I've found a lot of good yoga/ fitness programs on ours.

Good luck!
    Erin
    DS 8/05
    DD 1/08
    DS 3/11

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2