Default Toddler knee pads?

My MIL got my 2 1/2 yr old a tricycle for Christmas but neglected to buy safety gear. I picked up a helmet- at the time, my choices were Disney Princess (cringe) helmet + pads for $20, or helmet w/ puppies on it for $10. Both labeled "ages 3 & up". I opted to get the helmet only, figuring if I needed pads I could get them later.
    DD has ridden a few times, but of course has been insisting she get knee pads. Imagine that. The teeny scrape she got on her knee today has not helped matters.
    Only problem, I can't find toddler pads anywhere. OK, not that I've looked everywhere. But the smallest pads I see are for 5+. It's bad enough the helmet is too big.
    Has anyone seen knee pads in smaller sizes? JUST the pads? In store or online? I hate to buy a 2nd helmet *just* for the pads. I'm kicking myself for not buying the set, but UGH, princesses. If I had more time, I could have found something else online, but try telling a 2 yr old to wait a week or so to ride her brand new trike.
    TIA!
    -Sara

I just found a set of knee pads, elbow pads & fingerless gloves at Target for $15. They are clearly for a bigger kid, but the elbow pads are about the same size as the knee pads included in the 3+ helmet set.
    -Sara

DD- Veronica, 6/26/06 future astronaut/ princess
    DS- Oliver, 5/1/09 looking spiffy in his DOCband