Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default I just got a roomba and I love it

I got it at costco (wanted it for xmas). It is really great. I run it about 3 times a day in our kitchen/dining area. It picks up a LOT! Highly recommend it.
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Cam&Clay is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Do you have pets? I was just wondering if it sucked up pet hair, too. I get tumbleweeds across the kitchen/dining area, and DS2 is crawling amongst them. Ick! I feel like I'm vacuuming/sweeping ten times a day!
    DS1 age 21 years
    DS2 age 11 years

I do not have a dog (yet) or cat (none planned).
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

DH bought "me" a Roomba for Christmas. He really bought it for himself and he uses it all the time. I must say it does a pretty good job getting the crumbs and cat hair up. Especially noticeable on the hardwood floors. We're impressed! Great for everyday maintenance without having to drag out the big vacuum.

Clarity is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I loved our Roomba...until it died. Not sure what happened but it just quit working after about 1 1/2yrs. I miss it! I might have to get another.

And, it does pick up dog hair, within reason. I used it mostly just to keep the floors touched up between vaccuming.
    big girl 6/06
    little girl 9/08

"I'm not stupid; I just don't stop to proofread." (PRM?)

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I bought a Roomba on one of the deal sites a long time ago and DH said "Why do we need it?" This is one purchase he is actually happy about. We use it in between when our cleaning person comes since we are too lazy to use a real vacuum.

It works fine on dog hair but you do have to clean it out often b/c the dog hair can get tangled up in it. That's DH's job!
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

So, how well picked up do things need to be to use it? The baby leaves a trail of destruction every where he goes and I can't keep up with all the pick up of toys all the time. I assume that I would have to have things well picked up to use it but it never hurts to ask.

Beth

happymomma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I was skeptical when MIL gave me a Roomba but I love it now. I used to use it all the time (every day) in my previous home. It picked up all the kids stuff in the kitchen. I would turn it on before leaving the house and when I come home the floor (hardwood) would be clean. Since the move, I haven't had the chance to use it as much and have started to do it again. It's great for everyday use. You do have to pick up the stuff (ie toys on the floor) but it does pick up pretty well. I've become a convert.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    So, how well picked up do things need to be to use it? The baby leaves a trail of destruction every where he goes and I can't keep up with all the pick up of toys all the time. I assume that I would have to have things well picked up to use it but it never hurts to ask.

Beth
    So it can clean around things but obviously doesn't clean that area (like if a truck was on the floor it'd bump gently into it and then go around it). I do (at least day 3) pick up stuff off the floor and toss it into the play room basket. It is supposed to be ok with cords and stuff so if you have a pull toy with a string that isn't supposed to be an issue but I'd have to see it to believe it.

I am going to try it in the bedrooms today -- see if it can get under DS #1s bed!
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    So it can clean around things but obviously doesn't clean that area (like if a truck was on the floor it'd bump gently into it and then go around it). I do (at least day 3) pick up stuff off the floor and toss it into the play room basket. It is supposed to be ok with cords and stuff so if you have a pull toy with a string that isn't supposed to be an issue but I'd have to see it to believe it.

I am going to try it in the bedrooms today -- see if it can get under DS #1s bed!
    /hillary
    Fabulous! My dh has wanted one forever and had done a lot of research on them back in the day. I'll let him know this and I bet we'll have one soon.

Beth

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast