Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I think it's just an issue of being up in the air, not near a hospital.
    I just asked my OB last week and she said no worries up until 30 weeks. Then she would want to at least see me before the flight if it was after 30 and then said that I should try to only do "necessary" trips after that. But if something was deemed necessary by me that she was ok up to about 35-36 weeks.
    DD
    DS

trales is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I flew until 36, but brought a copy of my medical records just in case I went early I would have something to give the hospital. As it turned out DD was 2 weeks late and did not want to come out. If it were up to here she would still be in.
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.

I flew at 32 weeks. Wanna have some fun??? Check out the faces on all the little old ladies who dissaprove of you flying I remember them to this day and it still makes me smile. Oh, and I had DD a week and a half later...but I'm sure that's not related.
    Nancy
    DD Cara Flynn 10-25-05
    DD Lilah Jane 10-25-10 (How about that?)

Yep, go for it. You can get a note from your OB if you want, but I highly doubt that any airline employee is going to ask how far along you are. As long as you are having a normal, healthy pregnancy, flying doesn't increase your risk of early delivery. I used to be an airline pilot, and one of my best pilot friends flew until she was 34 weeks pregnant, and had a healthy baby 6 weeks later.
    mommy to DS who is 9
    DD who is 6
    and my girl in heaven

When I was preggo with #1, my OB said it would be ok to fly up until the last month. But my boss said there was no way he would alloow me to when I was about 32 weeks and something came up on one of my cases even though it was just an hour flight.

PS Congratulations, Vivian. I bet Sydney is so excited!

Dissenting opinion...there always is one, isn't there? I would have said yes, fly away, up until this last baby. My water broke early, at 34 weeks. No reason at all, and they never figured out why. Not to scare you, but if this happens to you, get off your feet right away, and lie as flat as possible. The idea is to keep in as much fluid as you can. The good news is, I was fine, and baby was fine. And of course, this probably won't happen to you at all, but, is this meeting really that important? Oh, and I don't know if flying increases the risk of anything, but you should call your doctor and ask.
    Strollerqueen

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I wouldn't, just because I wouldn't want to be that far away from my doc if there WAS an issue. Also, my OB wouldn't approve travel except in emergency situations after 32 weeks.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2