Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    veronica is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elaineandmichaelsmommy View Post
    Here's a story for your dh. 2 winters ago while both dc were snuggled in their beds for naptime I got a knock on the front door. It was the police. Apparently the little boy across the street had gotten out of his house and gone for a walk while his mother was sleeping. I'm assuming that she'd put him down for a nap and then done the same herself.

He couldn't have been more than 2. Thankfully someone on our block saw him and called the authorities

DD stayed in her crib until she was almost 4. Ds will stay at least that long if not longer since he knows how to unlock the front door. DD was never interested in it.
    OMG-forget it, I am going to lock her in her room from now on! (JK....)
    DD 12/05
    DS 07/07
    Twin DS's 5.18.2011

kayte is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I am so glad you asked this.

DD turns three next Monday and is still happily sleeping in her crib. All of our friends who have kids her age all have their kids through the toddler bed thing and into big beds --but they have all had more children.

She really likes her crib. We all sleep well. I am just not in a rush. And I am glad I am not the only one!

DS1 was almost 3 when we moved him to a junior bed. We only did it to give the crib to a family friend who needed it.

DS2 OTOH was just past 2 b/c He liked his big bros bed so much that he asked to have one just like it.

Both of them never climbed out. I say why mess w/a good thing? Maybe take the side rail off and see if that solves any of your *problems*. GL
    Candice
    WOHM to DS1 (6/04), DS2 (12/05), DD (2/09) and to our fur-st Sascha
    family blog: www.whatsupkahn.blogspot.com

trales is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I am so jealous.

At 21mo DD climbed up and over her crib, we had to take the side off. She does well but I can't nap anymore. She is a little escape artist. If I had my way she would have slept in that crib until college.
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I'm of the "ain't broke, don't fix it" camp too. Ds is also 3 and still in his crib. He sleeps great, although is outgrowing his nap. There is no way he would get any naps if he wasn't in his crib, since it takes him awhile to fall asleep. The crib really helps him feel "contained". DH also wants him to get into a bed so he can get up at night to pee. Well, DH, he can't pee unassisted yet, so how is that helpful? Now, he calls for us if he has to go. I don't really want him wandering around at night and trying to use the potty by himself if he can't even pull his pants down yet.

ETA: That's assuming they don't try to get out. If they're trying to get out on a reg basis, that would be my sign to move them. DS got out 2x, but I think it was on accident when he was upset. He has been really careful not to do it since and in general is very compliant.
    Last edited by DrSally; 01-12-2009 at 10:28 PM.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

TraciG is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We kept DD in until almost 4. She never minded & never tried to climb out since I told her she would get hurt, she was to afraid to try .
    Traci

Mom to Sydney Nicole & Jacob Hunter

knaidel is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DS just turned 4 and his happily snuggled in his crib as I write this!
    He has a toddler bed that we planned to transition him to, but he was never interested in. He sleeps in it for an occasional nap. I'm with MaestraMommy on this one though-- I'm NOT buying a third crib, so if/when a #3 is in the works, he'll be moved!
    tax deduction #1: 12/04
    tax deduction #2: 11/07
    tax deduction #3: 11/12

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3