Cam&Clay is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default What is Aisle 19?

Hey,

My assistant just got an invitation to join Aisle 19? What is it? We can't seem to find any info on it online that isn't blocked by our filters here at work (a school). I told her that if anyone knows, the BBB knows!
    DS1 age 21 years
    DS2 age 11 years

bump

Nobody knows about this? I'm shocked!
    DS1 age 21 years
    DS2 age 11 years

MaiseyDog is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Here's what I could find about it. Sounds complicated to me.

From ishoppingspree.com

"So, have you heard the SECRET of Aisle 19? The secret is that you need an INVIATION from a current member to join. We were recently offered an invitation and after careful review we have decided to become members. I will reveal our reasons why this specific business works for us as individuals searching for a business opportunity.

How To Make Money
    Simply sign up for a FREE Aisle 19 shopping account. Make purchases as you normally would. They will track your purchases and send you cash back rewards. Each store such as Walmart, Target and Kohls lists the rebate percentage of cash back savings.
    How To Make Money #2

Save money by taking advantage of listed coupon offers at the time of purchase.
    How To Make Money #3

Simply share your FREE Aisle 19 savings portal that offers your customers CASH BACK and other specials from their favorite stores. Every time someone shops from your mall you get paid. New members simply need be invited by another member and they can join and use their online shopping portal for FREE.
    How To Make Money #4

You see, if you refer someone by invitation and they become a member, you’ll earn Cashback from their purchases plus Cashback on the purchases made by members they refer by invitation! Not only on the first purchase they make, but you’re eligible to earn Cashback on every single purchase they ever make in the online shopping marketplace…for life!
    How To Make Money #5

Escape also offers a Revenue Sharing Pool and believes in sharing the success with those who build it. They set aside 2% of all the business company wide and distribute it to the members that are qualified as revenue sharing recipients each quarter.

How Does It Work?
    Most people don't realize that internet retailers like Walmart, Kohls and Target pay a reward incentive to online shopping portals. When they send shoppers to those stores they receive a "commission" from the stores represented on their web site. They simply share that money with their shoppers, thus paying you to shop on the internet.
    Escape takes this business model to a new level by sharing a new simple business prototype for people interested in earning more than just cash back savings.
    Margaret

DD1- 2/14/05
    DD2- 9/24/07

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I am automatically turned off by anything that says, "secret" and "business" in the same sentence.

Sounds like Amway or somethin' to me.
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    I am automatically turned off by anything that says, "secret" and "business" in the same sentence.
    DS1 5.10.05

DS2 12.10.08

rlu is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Not sure the legal definition of pyramid scheme, but this sounds similar. I don't see any money outlay though.

Also sounds a bit like ebates, although there are lots of people using that one that could comment better than I could.
    DS Mar04, 8th grader. Life Scout. Being read Flash the Homeless Donkey.
    GoldPup (golden retriever born Dec14); Big Boy Dog (1997 - 2008); Little Girl Dog (1997 - 2005); two 10-yo (2007-2017) huge goldfish we can no longer find in MIL's fish pond
    Go Sharks! Go Mirai, Nathan, the Shib Sibs and Team USA
    Recently read The Hate U Give (highly recommend) and The Noel Diary (ok, light). Starting A Dog Named Boo.
    Pooh - "It's a beautiful day." Eeyore - "Not from where I'm sitting." Pooh - "Try standing next to me." From The Best Bear in All the World, Spring.

There are already great, FREE, PUBLIC sites to shop and get money back, like Ebates or give your rebate to charity through IGive.
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

Thanks for the info. I told her that I thought it seemed a bit like a pyramid scheme. I didn't like the looks of it at all. The video was creepy, too.
    DS1 age 21 years
    DS2 age 11 years