Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Cam&Clay is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DS1 slept like a champ. He was calm, laid-back, very reserved. Now that he is 10 and has a brother who is 12 months old, I tell him that it's a good thing that he came first. If DS2 had been first, there would have been no DS1!

They really couldn't be more opposite in everything...except eating. They both eat anything!
    DS1 age 21 years
    DS2 age 11 years

happymomma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DS and DD are opposite of each other. DS was always high maintenance and needed constant attention from birth till even now. Even at 5 1/2 he needs someone to play with him. DD is very easy going. Even at 2, she was playing by herself a lot and enjoyed it. DS was a picky eater and ate very little. DD loves to eat, especially sweets. To this day DS won't eat cake at birthday parties. He is just not into sweets. DD would beg for treats and will do anything for a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaS View Post
    Funny, I blogged about this very subject today.

We were in Hobby Lobby the other day and. I debated about buying more fabrics but knew I didn't really NEED them. But I wanted them and was taking a long time decided on if I should or not.

My 11 year old said, "Close your eyes and just walk away. Walk away....."

A few days later, I was in the same store with M, age 4, and she spent the time touching all the fabrics and begging me to "Buy something Mommy!"
    LOL, wow! That's kind of like having an angel on one side, "Do the right thing..." and the Devil on the other side, "Excess is good..."
    Nancy
    DD Cara Flynn 10-25-05
    DD Lilah Jane 10-25-10 (How about that?)

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Well, I could post a novel. How about just one.

DD#1 hates having her picture taken, especially by "others" -- screams, cries, it makes professional photos SOOOO much fun.

DD#2 is the exact opposite. The devil himself could say "cheese" while holding a camera and she'd flash him her biggest, chipmunk grin. She's a totally ham in front of the camera. The professional photographer that does our Christmas photos every year says she's never seen another kid like her.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

vwh99 is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

I laugh when I read all these posts since every day since ds 2 was born, I pray "please, let you be my 'calm' child!" He's been a dream but now at 7 months and just starting to crawl, I'm not sure anymore.....

Val
    dd 10/03...as 'spirited' as they come
    ds 8/06...not as bad, but loves copying older sis
    ds 6/08...how does he know anything else different when I've got the other 2 as examples (WHAT kids aren't supposed to be shouting as soon as they get up in the morning and what does it mean when people say 'quiet bedtime'??)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2