Default side by side vs front to back for twins

I am starting to do research on what kind of double stroller I will want for the twins when they outgrow they snap n go stroller. I always thought that i would want a SBS so they could both see, but after having the front to back layout I'm reconsidering for 3 reasons....

1. safety of the child who is still in the stroller while I'm buckling in my toddler and other twin. A lot of times it's a tight squeeze between cars in the parking lot and I'm not sure a SBS would fit. I dont' feel comfortable leaving one exposed at the rear of the car since a lot of the areas around here aren't all that safe.

2. changing diapers in public restrooms. It's hard enough to wheel a single width stroller into a public restroom to take my daughter potty or to change the twins' diapers. Again, I don't want to have to leave one of them alone in the bathroom unattended.

3. a lot of times I find it difficult to navigate my stroller thru aisles at Target, grocery stores etc due to narrow aisles. I can't imagine how much more difficult it would be w/ a SBS

So, my question is...if you own a side by side do you find these things to be an issue...and I really don't know what brands of front to back strollers exist besides Graco which seem monstrous and not all that well made from reviews. So, which brands should I steer toward/away from. Originally, I had looked at the BJCM, but I just dont' know anymore.

Please help

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Personally, if I were having twins, I'd get the BJCM for my everyday single no questions asked. We have the Elite Double, and I LOVE it, but we don't need to use it indoors that much - more outdoor walking for us. I just don't like to take 2 kids to Target, to the mall, etc. The features on it and the handling of MY Baby Jogger are just smooth and easy as can be. I've heard nothing of the like with any of the front to backs. The BJCED has been great and will be this time around also, but my "have to" time for a double will be less than yours since my older DC can start walking more.

The Twin Techno just seems so hard to fold and deal with, but DH really wanted a Twin Triumph for a while. He asked me to live with the BJCED as my only to see if we could make it, and sure enough, we did.