I have found great success at finding slightly used items on Craigslist.org. For example everyday there are at least 1-3 new posts for the highly rated Medela Pump in Style breast pump. Sure you might need to buy a few replacement parts but the price range seems to be around $50-125 for gently used pumps. That is a huge savings! I would not have been able to afford a new Pump in Style at $279 but I was able to afford a used one and it works great.
My suggestion is....
In the new addition it might be nice to include a section on what to look for if you are buying a used pump. Maybe after each pump review a little note of sorts. Being a first time mom and thus purchaser of a pump I was a bit confused as to what I should be looking for when trying to decide which Pump in Style to purchase. (They all came with so many different combos of unused parts and other stuff I couldn't decide which ones were the best bargains because I was not familiar with what came with the original product) I ended up contacting a local business and retailer of Medela products and talking with a knowledgeable employee to get a better understanding of what came standard with the Pump in Style.

Other than that, thanks so much for writing this book. I have recommended it several times already and will continue to do so.
Molly Hile