Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    melrose7 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Swaddling blankets

I am looking for some good swaddling blankets to recommend to a friend. I used the ultimate receiving blanket and loved it. I have heard great things about the miracle blanket but haven't used it in person so I don't know much about it. I don't like the swaddle me blanket after a month old because the baby can wiggle out of it. Any others to recommend? TIA

A vote here for the Miracle Blanket! It's like a little straight jacket. DD slept 9 hours last night in it We also had the swaddle me blankets but it seems that DD will outgrow them quickly.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

I'm an other miracle blanket lover. Our girls slept through the night once we started using these!

I've never tried the miracle blanket, but I SWEAR by the Snug&Tug. It's like a tranquilizer for my dd and was for ds2, too. Plus they have 2 sizes, so it works well for bigger/older babies.
    Kate LEUKEMIA SURVIVOR
    ds1, A, 12.04
    ds2, W, 12.06
    dd, G, 10.08

I have the miracle blanket but DD hated it.

We swaddled DD with the Swaddle Designs blanket. Not sure if you've ever read Happiest Baby on the Block but Dr. Karp teaches the DUDU fold in that book, and the Swaddle Design blanket has the instructions on how to do that fold attached to the blanket!

Here's a link on amazon.com
    http://www.amazon.com/Swaddle-Design.../dp/B000GG07Q0

melrose7 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

yes, the swaddle design was the one I had and loved it. I only bought one, which was a mistake, and so it was hard to wash it and try to swaddle her in a different blanket. It never worked so well. I was just seeing if the miracle blanket blanket was any better or if there are other ones out there i am missing. I don't know about the snug&tug. Where did you get it at? Does it stretch? It is a big blanket?

There's a seller on Ebay who sells the Ultimate Swaddling Blanket (new) for $12 with free shipping. I've bought two of them, and they arrived quickly and in perfect condition. They have several different designs available.

ahrimie is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I received a swaddle blanket, the kind that are made for only swaddling.. and my newborn outgrew it so fast. We were never able to use it. Instead, I love Aden + Anais blankets. You can swaddle really tight in them and of course use the blankets for other purposes too.

DD1 5/08
    DD2 6/11

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We have a Swaddle Designs out on loan right now. While going through boy clothing tonight (AAAGH, we have too much already!!) DH came across the silly little Circo ones. He asked if we could sell/donate them and just get another Swaddle Designs in place of them. We just may...

Where do you find all the swaddlers listed above? We use the swaddle me right now but my DS is only 2 weeks old and can't get out of them yet. He needs to be swaddled to sleep so I want to start seeing what else is out there for him. Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast