srhs is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default "Traveling Toddler" Car Seat/Rolling Luggage Attachment

Any thoughts or experience with this?
    "Traveling Toddler Car Seat Travel Accessory"
    Pretty good reviews with 1 or 2 horrible ones thrown in.
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...O3JTH&v=glance
    It's only $15.
    DS will be 12 mos the first time we fly, and we should have him in either a Blvd or Marathon by then. Direct flights. At 14 mos., we'll be flying on a longer trip with a layover.

tazzy is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

I haven't used that, but we have the GoGoKidz TravelMate and it attaches directly to our Britax Boulevard car seat and works great. It turns it into a stroller and we whisk right through the airport. We have found that it won't fit through the x-ray scanner at any airport and they have to use a wand on it. some security folks refuse to wand it and they want it to go through the machine anyway, so you have to take the wheels off to do that. But that only takes 30 seconds and it's not a big deal either way.

jent is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Bump...

I was looking at this too and at first thought it was a cheap knockoff of the Gogokidz, but it turns out it's just a little strap to attach your carseat to a rolling suitcase. Kind of like a glorified bungee cord setup.

Anyone use it before?
    Jen, mom to "Little Miss Tiny" 4/07

I'm curious too. I like the GoGo Kidz but the price of the Traveling Toddler Car Seat Travel Accessory peaks my interest.

I have a 7 month old in a marathon and if the TT is just as good as the GGK, I'd happily save the $$ for something else like a car seat cover (for unforeseen car seat check ins.)

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We LOVE the GoGoKidz. Completely saves our sanity during air travel, which in our case, seems to be way too frequent. Haven't tried this yet, but I think the GGK retains its value so much that it may be worth springing for it - I see used GGKs selling locally for $60-65, making the purchase price roughly equivalent to this other item.

I bought it a couple of years ago and I think it's a great way to attach your carseat to the carry-on. When Martie was 3 I didn't bring a stroller and it was ok to push her in the carseat attached, but it was easier if she walked with me and then I strapped her carry on back pack in the carseat and walk with her her. If you have a little one you might want to go with a Gogo kids, but for a toddler who needs a seat, this works really well.
    Sonia, who is eagerly awaiting the magic laundry fairy to visit me
    Mommy to M girls

MartiesMom,

What car seat did you use? We just received ours today & can't seem to get it attached to our Roundabout. The straps don't seem long enough. We haven't had our carseats very long & haven't really figured it all out yet, espcially the LATCH part. Our carry on is small sized, so I don't think that's the issue.

Thanks,
    MBK