Quote Originally Posted by SASM View Post
This is OTTAWA, right? Not Montreal? How old was your DS when you went to the war museum./ We actually went to the Canadian Museum of Civilisation over the weekend (plan on going back to Ottawa in a few weeks for Winterlude) and my kids really liked the Children's Museum. We wandered around a small section of the "native" section, where there are totum poles and floor to ceiling glass overlooking the city scape. Anyway...my kids were interested in that section but obviously I wanted to read and they wanted to wander and just look. So...there is HOPE for my seeing actual museums!! I know that I will want to immerse myself in the W ar Museum and I am not sure how my kids will respond at almost 4 and almost 6.

Thank you! I will definitely check out that site.

Shopping & dining reccs in Toronto are VERY welcome! We used to go there A LOT pre-kids and LOVED that city! We are still planning on visiting Toronto but have a better grasp on that city, although it is always changing...so again reccs are very welcome! For example, we really liked the concept of Marche restaurant (& Movenpick) in Eaton Centre. I was looking online to see if there were any others around and discovered that they changed their name. I was worried that the restaurant closed. So...love reccs!
Ooops, yes, that's Ottawa! My son was 17-ish months when we went to Ottawa last year. Definitely go to the kids' museum at the museum of civilisation!

Yeah, Movenpick restaurants have a new name in Toronto. Something-tree, I can't remember exactly. There's a Marche (under the name) at the Eaton Centre, and another at Square One in Mississauga (suburbs).

I love Toronto, too. We had the luxury of living there for 6 months last year, and I cried and cried when it was time to leave.