Thread: The first step

Default The first step

Here I go! I'm going to the gym tonight. It was my short term goal for the month...to make it to the gym at least once before the month end. But I have decided that I want to lose 20 lbs by March 13th. I can do it! The weight usually just flys off when I start exercising, especially running. I used to run, but stopped when I met my husband.

I've downloaded some workout music for training for a 5K. I can do it...just need to psych myself up!

My DH signed us up for unlimited daycare at the gym. So I have no more excuses not to go.

So who's with me?!?
    ~Krista

DD - 6/2008

Me! I am headed back on Thurs night. It has been a long time for me.

I decided that one night a week (for now - I'm starting slow b/c I always start too much and then drop out) I am going to the gym and DH has to put the kids to bed. I need one night for my sanity and my health!

How did your workout go?

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I just dropped my gym membership because it was time to renew (annual) and I found they were just not accommodating enough in the child care arena. But, I decided I needed to at least do something so I have been exercising with the Wii Fit as well as doing weight training here at home. For me the weight isn't the issue, the lack of tone like I used to have is. So far it has been going well. I have been tap dancing once a week and there is a Latin rhythm exercise class at a comm. center I am considering.

Beth

I did it! DH and I went to the gym and I did the machine that's a cross between a stair climber and an elyptical, for 20 minutes! I think that's pretty good considering I haven't formally worked out for about 20 months. I feel great and I think I'll go back tomorrow.
    ~Krista

DD - 6/2008

That's great!

I went back to the gym after my 6wk post-partum visit, went for 2 mos, and really just was overwhelmed with life in general and stopped going. So, it's been a good yr since I've worked out regularly.

Just don't make the same mistake I always do and go too many days in a row and then get burned out and stop going. You think I'd learn, but I always do this. I'm hoping to not do it this time.

Beth - I'm so jealous re: the dancing. I wish I was a dancer, but I have no skill whatsoever.