Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    daisyd is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default When did DC start getting daily baths?

The title is pretty self-explanatory. I've been bathing DC 1-2 times/ week and I'm wondering what age is appropriate for daily baths. DC is going to be 5 months soon. Also when would it be ok to use the shower for DC?

Thanks!
    Daisy

citymama is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

DD is almost 3 and still no showers. She doesn't like them.

We started a daily bath fairly early on, but my memory is so blurry now - maybe about that age, 4-5 months? Because it was a steamy mid-Atlantic summer when DD was that age, and it helped cool her off and establish a ritual. But there's no hard-and-fast rule - you should do whatever you and your DC enjoy and have time for! we usually do baths every other day in the winter, and daily when it's warm outside. I find that the bath really helps relax DD, so prefer more frequent baths, but I know people who do it far less frequently, like every 2-3 days.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We've never done them. 2-3x/week here, or more if there happens to be a lot of food in the hair or ears (it happens!) Bathing dries out the skin, so watch for those types of problems.

amandabea is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Daily? Umm, at 2 yo we're at every other (sometimes every third) day. These days the bath frequency is totally dependent on whether she played in the dirt at school that day.

I agree w/ the PP about it drying out the skin.
    mommy to DD 1/07

Mine are 5 and 1 1/2. We usually only do baths 2 or 3 times a week during the winter. When we're in outside play weather it goes up to almost daily, but they are beyond grimy.

My younger one liked shower with me in a mesh sling I used for the swimming pool until around 9 months. Otherwise, they don't like it. I'd love it if they did. It would make life so much easier. I think showers are fine at about any young age as long as your in with them.

We are at 2, maybe 3 baths a week. I don't prefer to spend the time I have with her in the bath (I'd rather read more books.) I also don't think it is necessary as she doesn't really get dirty or sweat. I also don't want to dry out her skin.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

My kids are 4.5, 2.5, and 6 months. The older 2 have 2-3 baths per week. I want to say DS2 has had about 10 total. Oops. He gets wiped off a lot and we just run out of time!

Anyway, my kids started showers at about 18 months or so.

In the summer, they'll be in the bath daily, but they're filthy by the end of the day.
    Kris

We've done (almost) daily baths with both kids since their umbilical stumps fell off. Not b/c they necessarily need it (although DS usually does - he's a dirt magnet), but b/c they like it. We only use soap once or twice a week, though. DS could spend hours in the bath just splashing around with his toys. DD has been very colicky, and the bath is one of the few situations where she is awake and not screaming.
    mommy to DS who is 9
    DD who is 6
    and my girl in heaven

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DD is 18mos and we bathe her EOD, unless there is a food explosion.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

daisyd is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks all! That helped.

Daisy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast