KLTA is offline Bronze level (10+ posts)

Default Snug tuck sizing?

I'm wondering if any Snug Tuck users out there can help me figure out which size to order. We'll be converting our daughter's crib to the toddler bed and would like to use it. Three sides of the bed will be the crib, and we'd like the snug tuck along the one exposed side of the crib mattress. Do I need to order one the exact length of the crib mattress? Or should I leave some space at the footboard where she can climb out?

Also, do you really need to follow the washing restrictions on the fire retardant fabric options? I can believe I'd have to dry clean it! Anyone with experience just throwing it in with the rest of the laundry more than the one-time limit on the webpage?

Thanks, all!

Using a pool noodle under the sheet is a very good option, much cheaper and isn't as hard of decision.
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I just sewed one myself. Once I got over the initial fear, it was easy. I used some strap stuff and closures I got at the fabric store. I did leave a space for her to crawl out. Ours is for a full-sized bed, so the dimensions won't work for you.