Default Age For Big Kid Bed

Hi, what age did you switch your DC to a bed from a crib? My son is 18 months and is obsessed with beds. I don't think he'd stay in it and would definitely not make it through the night in one. He moves a lot in his sleep and is never in the same spot in the morning that he started out in at night. Also, he won't use a blanket in the crib. Thanks.

We moved my son at just over 2-1/2. My personal thoughts are to wait until you have to move them (due to new sibling or climbing out).

Michelle

hez is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

DS was about 3 1/4. I agree-- wait 'til you *have* to do it.
    Heather
    Mommy to DS (9/03) and DD (5/08)

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hanaum02 View Post
    My personal thoughts are to wait until you have to move them (due to new sibling or climbing out).

Michelle

I am waiting as long as I can. DD is getting a new sibling in a few months even and I am just buying a new crib for him.
    DD
    DS

khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I moved DD at 2. We needed the crib for DS who would arrive when DD was almost 2.5. It was great for awhile until she started getting out of bed herself. Then it went downhill fast. She's better now at 3.5, but with DS I would wait till he was 3 I think.

veronica is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DD and DS's cribs turn into toddler beds and DD is still in her crib at almost 3.5. DH and I both agree it is getting heavy to put her in but she has now started to protest sometimes at bedtime and we think this would only be exaserbated if she could get our herself so we are waiting until we absolutely have to!
    DD 12/05
    DS 07/07
    Twin DS's 5.18.2011

Quote Originally Posted by khalloc View Post
    I moved DD at 2. We needed the crib for DS who would arrive when DD was almost 2.5. It was great for awhile until she started getting out of bed herself. Then it went downhill fast. She's better now at 3.5, but with DS I would wait till he was 3 I think.
    This is us almost exactly. With my second son I plan to wait as long as possible, makes things so much easier!
    Wife of Tim since 6/25/05
    Mommy to Caleb Kai-Yun (3/7/07)
    and Elijah Kai-Sun (2/18/09)

Hi, we got our son a toddler bed for his 2nd birthday. We got him a complete new bedroom set (elmo) and he loved it..so he might be ready...however my son still has a hard time getting to sleep..but getting better.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

About 2.5
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07