Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Baby Bjorn Air at $58.50 Good deal?

I am planning to buy a baby carrier for my baby.
    I found Baby Bjorn Air sold for $58.50 (usual price is $99.99).
    Is it a good deal? Is it a good product? Should I buy?
    It seems it is cheaper than the original version which I found at $69.

The bjorn is a crappy carrier that is very $$. It puts all the weight on your shoulders, and kills your back.

I greatly prefer a simple moby wrap for a newborn, or a much better structured carrier, like the patapum, ergo, or beco (all of which have a hip belt that transfers the weight of the baby off of your shoulders, and onto your hips). For a good deal and more info, look on www.thebabywearer.com .

I have the Bjorn Air and I have been happy with it. My DD is very small, I am small shouldered. I wear it grocery shopping, Costco, etc and it's really been handy to be "hands free" LOL. It was a lifesaver for about 5 months. It is very user friendly and easy to figure out, I couldn't ever get DD into a sling, and the moby was really confusing to me.

HOWEVER... my DD is almost 6 months old and she is starting to get too heavy to carry her in the Bjorn anymore. She's about 16 pounds now. So, for me, it was $80-ish that worked wonderfully for 6 months.

The baby bjorn is cheap b/c people only use it for 2 months and then end up hating it!

The PP who has a 15 pound baby at 6 months has a very small baby. My baby was 15 pounds at 3 months.

There are SOOOO many better carriers out there than the bjorn. Don't waste your money on one...use that $60 towards the purchase of an ergo or beco or other carrier.

Thanks for all the suggestion. In this case, is the Ergo or Beco is better?

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Ergo fan here. However, we used it after 6 months, so not for the infant stage (although you can buy an infant insert for it). We used the Maya Wrap for newborn-3 month stage, the Bjorn for a couple of months, and then the Ergo from 6-26 months!

for Sandy Hook

I'm, buying an Ergo next week for DH to wear, cause he doens't like our Ergo.

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I love the Baby Bjorn Active for young babies (until about 4-5 months), then the Ergo. With DS1, DH used the BJA until he hit the 26 pound limit!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

I noticed that there are Ergo Baby Carrier and the Ergo Sports version.
    Which one is better? They seem to be same price...

Default ergo or beco?

I have a bjorn air now, it works for small short amounts of time but now DD is starting to get waaaaaaaaaaaaay too heavy. I am so stumped by which one to move on to! Beco or ergo? I am 5'3"....also was considering a mei tai for the hip...anyone???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast