Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Anyone Try out the Sport Yet?

I am leaning towards the sport as well, but would like to know how it worked for someone. Also if anyone has used the regular Ergo, it there a big difference?
    WAHM to:

DD 11/98
    and
    DD 12/08

Bumping this thread to see if any reviews are out there for the sport! I'm leaning towards the sport since we live in California and it gets hot here so the breathability really is attractive.

Default Ergo Sport Review

We bought the sport a few weeks ago. I bought it for DH because I thought it looked more manly. I also wanted something cooler because we are in Nevada. I have been wearing it and find it is very comfortable. I did notice on one of the hike that me and LO (4 1/2 months old) got sweaty around our stomach areas. DH wore it for the first time yesterday on a hike and he liked it. It seems well made and the material is soft. I love how easy it is to adjust while on. All of that being said it is not my first choice. I am hoping to get an Angelpack LX. But it is a great carrier and I can see it lasting a while. FYI we got the sucking pads and they are a must! Our LO sucks on the straps everytime she is in it. Also I have never seen or tried a regular Ergo so I can't compare. HTH.
    WAHM to:

DD 11/98
    and
    DD 12/08

I have both the regular Ergo and the Ergo sport. I got the regular Ergo and bought the sport one originally for my parents but I ended keeping both of them because one works better than the other depending on the weather. For hot days, the Ergo sport is better because it is made of lighter material and has an opening in the middle that I find helps cool down the baby. The regular Ergo has a thicker material so its better for cold days since the baby or you can get sweaty if you wear it when it is hot. So for cold days it will be better than the sport for keeping the baby warm. The hood on the regular Ergo is better since it is already attached to the Ergo so it stays on my baby better than the hood on the sport version which seems to slip off easier. The Ergo sport is also lighter and can be easily folded into a small carrying bag while the regular Ergo is bulkier to carry around.

The regular Ergo also looks better and well made while the white stitching on the sport looks like it can easily fall apart. That being said, if you want an Ergo and want to save money, I suggest buying the sport version since it does the job for less money.

If you want to save even more momey, the Hawaiian print Ergo is on sale at $84, the Heart Rose print Ergo is on sale for $88 on Ergobaby.com

http://www.ergobabycarriers.com/baby...rs/item/BC11G/
    http://www.ergobabycarriers.com/baby...rs/item/BC3HR/

Hello,

Here you have a comparison between the regular Ergo and the Ergo Sport. It´s in Spanish, but there are photos:

http://redcanguro.forogratis.es/board/comparativa-ergo-vs-ergo-sport-t6983.html
    Last edited by missym; 09-04-2009 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Moderator note: If you use Google Toolbar, the automatic translator does a pretty good job of translating this to English

I just want to bump this up, it helps the newbies to tell the differences! FWIW, I'm buying the regular Ergo.

This is exactly the question I am planning to post!! My baby is expected to arrive in Nov & I live in California. I think I will go for the Ergo Sports....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2