Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I am also a backpack person! ITA about shoulder bags swinging aroung and knocking the kids down if I lean over. (messenger bags don't really swing, but I found that it was so full that it was heavy to wear a messenger bag). I don't hang it on my stroller, but I can either stuff it underneath or put down the sun shade things and balance it on top. I don't remember which one it was - some big gender neutral one (I was hoping dh would use it). I have also used my old school backpack. Lots of pockets are good so things don't get lost in the bottom.

As the girls got older, I was able to go smaller to the the OE Donner bag - a smallish messenger style bag. But then they started potty training and I have a ton of stuff to carry once again. So now I just have a tote full of stuff that mostly stays in the car when we are out.

Honestly, I think it will be a lot of trial and error to see what works for you! Also remember, that most of the time you will either have your car nearby to stick an extra bag in and most strollers have a bunch of pockets and storage. So I usually just had extra clothes and diapers in my car and stroller. I didn't spend much on any of my bags because things spill, they get dropped in mud, etc. good luck!

Oak is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

We use two diaper bags with the twins and our toddler, an Eddie Bauer backpack and a Lands End bag. I strongly recommend a couple and leaving one in the car or nearby with extra clothes, etc. I would recommend a regular backpack and getting a diaper pad that will fit in it.

Oak is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

I also agree that a backpack is the way to go. I have an older Eddie Bauer Diaper Bag backpack and it is awesome. I will use it as a regular backpack, minus the diaper pad, once it isn't needed as a diaper bag. With a backpack, you can get whatever is comfortable for you and you can choose the size that works, etc.. And if you buy a decent brand, they are much more durable than most diaper bags I have seen. I don't think Eddie Bauer makes them, but I think they still make the pad insert for making any backpack a diaper bag. Personally, I like Undergear backpacks or Gregory or something along those lines.

My wife and I also have a large bag from Lands End. That usually stays in the car, etc., but close by and holds bottles, extra binkies, and changes of clothes.

Hands free with your children is a better way to go.

Twins aren't here yet but we just bought the shkp hop duo double deluxe based off of tons of twin mom reccs. A little pricey but I expect to have it for awhile.

Default We use a DadGear bag...

Hi - I have a DadGear messenger bag. It's great. It's got useful pockets and compartments, including two insulated bottle pockets. It also has a built in wipes holder under the front flap, so you don't have to go searching for it in the bag. And built in straps to go over the stroller handle. It comes with a changing pad, but it's pretty small you'll probably want a bigger one. They also have a sister company called Daisy Gear, I think the bags are the same, but I'm not positive. One piece of advice I got was to choose a bag my husband wouldn't be embarrassed to carry! I like this bag, and my husband doesn't have to feel like a goofball carrying it. The website is dadgear dot com.

As for a backpack, I bought one when I had to fly cross-country with the twins. I used a regular Eddie Bauer backpack that had lots of pockets, and it was great. And only $30 at Target. It's not big enough for long term use, and no separate compartment for dirty stuff (diaper changing pad, soiled clothes etc.) but it works for quick trips and helps to keep your hands free.

I have 8 month old twin boys and a three year old. I love the Ju-Ju-Be BeRightBack. I really wanted a backpack style diaper bag because I found the messenger style bags to be cumbersome when trying to tend to one of my kids. The bag would always fall forward off my shoulder and hit one of the kids. I like having my arms free. The Ju-Ju-Be bags also come with stroller straps so you can access it quickly if you choose to strap it to your stroller. I also like the way the bag is organized. It was important to me to have enough room to carry my things, as well as the kids. It is not a "black hole" like some of the other bags out there. I can find stuff quickly and easily.

Good luck to you.
    Stephanie

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3